Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there im new to this as im meant to be going to pick my vito up today its a t reg 108cdi now the guy has told me the clocks read 190000 but he says it has had new clocks in it im just wondering weather this is the case when you change the clocks as the guy says it runs as sweet as a nut...

·
Registered
Vito 3.0 V6 Silver
74 Posts
Walk away, if it has high mileage there could be loads of gremlins about to rear their ugly heads.

·
Registered
Vito 108cdi
305 Posts
It could of had new clocks with a higher mileage fitted, but does he know the mileage before the clocks were fitted and can he prove this with old MOT certificates?

190k is very high and you could be letting yourself in for some expensive repairs, plus you need to think of future resale value!

Having said that, even with 190k if it's been well looked after it might be a good van and go on for years yet, it's a gamble!

Good luck whatever you choose to do :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont know what to do as he says it has had new clocks in it as it has the revcounter ones in it now but i dont know if they came with a revcounter in them just wondering because a lot of people say a lot of things

·
Registered
69 Posts
Leave it alone

Sounds dodgy, even if it was high mileage I'd want a full service history. Without thats its a HUGE risk. What if the old Speedo read 250,000 miles so its done even more than you think.

Without history I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole, you'll spend more money on maintenance than if you bought a nice one with Service history.

Thats my advice.

·
Registered
1999 108CDI
371 Posts
+1. It is the golden rule of buying any used vehicle, unless you get it ultra cheap and know how to sort it, or the true cost of doing so.

·
Registered
Vito 108cdi
305 Posts
Dont know what to do as he says it has had new clocks in it as it has the revcounter ones in it now but i dont know if they came with a revcounter in them just wondering because a lot of people say a lot of things
It would of had a rev counter anyway, so that proves nothing, sorry :confused:

If in doubt, walk away, there are plenty out there, you'll find a good one soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2016 Vito 116 Bluetec
236 Posts
I recently purchased my 2003 112CDi and it had doen 196,000 km's, but had a complete MB service history.

It blows no smoke, no matter how hard I accelerate :)

I changed the oil as soon as I got it, even though the sticker said it would need to be changed at 202,000km's and the oil was clear with no build up in it or on the dip stick !

So, if your van has been looked after, you'll be right....

·
Registered
2001 VITO 113,1982 280E W123
8 Posts
hi mate my little petrol 113 has done 458000kms regulary serviced and until very recently was excellent ..[just developed an engine vibe i cant trace ]
but like the man says if its been looked after youll be right [famous aussie last words lol]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts