Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to a larger dealer in the SF Bay Area to put a deposit on a C32. The salesperson told me that there were already 6 on the list, but stated that for all CLKs and AMG cars, their dealer policy was to require $5k versus the standard $1k. They were hoping to discourage people from going to multiple dealers and placing their names on 3-5 different lists and simply getting the "pick of the litter." Has anyone heard of or encountered this? Why tie up another $4000 when you don't have to?<p>Ramsay

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm number two on the list at Smothers European in Santa Rosa; North of SF. I have only $500 down. This dealer was the only one even willing to talk seriously about the car and take a written order. The other dealers in the area were not that interested. Even Porsche deposits aren't as high as what you're being asked for.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce, the dealer in question is Autobahn Motors in Belmont. They have a document that states $5k for AMGs/CLKs and $10k the Maybach and Vision SLR which hasn't been released.<p>I ended up going to RAB in San Rafael where I happily gave $1k to be #4. Hoping for the best...<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's funny in an ironic sense. Last November RAB told me they had 10+ C32 orders and didn't seem to be interested in taking mine. That's when I went to Santa Rosa.<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts