·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp now that i got the car.....
I wanna get HID for it

will it work?!
reason im asking is my brothers Z4 didn't have a HID and i tried to put it in and it flickered and what not ...didn't wanna work with it. damn BMW's. and I don't know if the SLK's had the same problem.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
Work fine in mine... Except i got the "Bulb Out" light on. However from what i heard this is only if the HID kit has a relay and connects straight to your battery as well as your factory harness.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
got HIDs, no problem, not even bulb out warning.

noregret4life, the battery relays are optional on the kits, mine didnt come with it, i bought a relay and installed it, the bulb out light went on. my guess is its drawing more power from the battery triggering the bulb out sensor. try unplugging the relay, see if the bulb out goes off..

noregret4life - 4/27/2005 11:13 AM

Work fine in mine... Except i got the "Bulb Out" light on. However from what i heard this is only if the HID kit has a relay and connects straight to your battery as well as your factory harness.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
I've actually had the bulb out light covered since i put in the HIDs over a year ago. So i never see it anyway, but maybe i'll try it out this weekend. It's all been working fine, so i'm not sure i want to even mess with it...

If it aint broke, don't fix it [;)] right...

but thanks for the heads up, slkpwr

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
I dont like people who always tell others to search.
The reason being there are new ideas that come to light etc.
It would be more helpful if you at least posted a link you searched for.
Dont take this as a bad criticism. Its just that I am a few forums that some guys just wont ask questions anymore as people jump straight down their throat.

Bazzle

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooo and can I put OEM HID headlamp assembly from higher end SLK's???

·
Registered
2004 SLK32 AMG
807 Posts
Bazzle - 4/28/2005 9:04 PM

I dont like people who always tell others to search.
The reason being there are new ideas that come to light etc.
It would be more helpful if you at least posted a link you searched for.
Dont take this as a bad criticism. Its just that I am a few forums that some guys just wont ask questions anymore as people jump straight down their throat.

Bazzle
Since I don't know you, I guess I won't take it too personally that you don't like me [;)] [because I just did a few posts suggesting folks search]. When folks on this forum point out the search function it is really gentle instruction that you can go and do a little research before creating a new topic. I don't think anyone here flames someone because they didn't search. Sometimes search is broken. But say you do find something, when you ask your question, you'll be able to get to the real issue quicker which might bring something new to light. While some times we might give a link as an example, some times we don't have time. And it certainly doesn't take a lot of effort the the "asker" to type in a few search terms.

·
Registered
2004 SLK32 AMG
807 Posts
SLKRoadster99 - 4/28/2005 10:16 PM

ooo and can I put OEM HID headlamp assembly from higher end SLK's???
That would be pretty expensive especially if you want to install everything to get the levelers to work right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts