Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if some of you have added some stuff that you've intentionally hidden to make the car look factory but actually has those extra items?

I think the most obvious is the headlights if you switch to E-code conversions. Not hidden, but not noticeable either unless you really look.

My friend added the trunk lights, which isn't completely hidden but isn't immediately noticeable either.

The same friend added a feature on his two cars wherein when he flashes his headlights twice, the garage doors open when he arrives. I'm thinking of doing the same, except I have to reprogram the code when we move to a new place.

The convex passenger mirror is also not immediately noticeable but I know others have had convex lenses when they got the car so it's not technically a mod hehe.

·
Registered
1985 300D
163 Posts
I don't know if this counts, but the owner before me replaced the gears in the tranns with "up graded" ones after the tranny blew up at 125k. As a result, the speedo is off by exactly 5 mph under, so if it says you are doing 70, you are really going 65. Dunno, and when flooring her, she shifts at 4100, not the 4500 I am told is the norm.

·
Registered
1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
6,726 Posts
I have police strobes in my headlights and tails controlled by a unit hidden under my knee bolster. My child safety lock window switch is my garage door opener. I also have a switch on the kick panel that controls the ground for the front windows. (So i can lock them in the down position to avoid tint laws). The brabus pedals aren't really noticeable at first unless you look down there. The hidden speakers under the stock grills are upgraded. Suspension, though it's not seen is easy to tell its modded, so that may not count. Same with brakes. Since my rims show them you can tell but if i put the stock 15 holes on you cant tell i have 400e brakes :p. Engine is painted to match the 2.5-16 scheme. If you don't know the difference you cant tell. :p

·
Registered
2000 W202 Mercedes-Benz C250 Turbodiesel
1,446 Posts
If you've read some of my other threads, you'll see what I have, and am planning on doing.

This is what I've done this weekend: I've completed the power door lock installation, using the Valet 712T Keyless Entry Kit and Directed door lock actuators. It works REALLY GREAT :thumbsup: !

I've connected it to allow for progressive unlocking (first the driver's, then the passenger doors), it auto-locks on turning the ignition, unlocks when switching it off. When unlocking, the domelight illuminates for 30 seconds (a little longer with the factory delayed domelight, probably 40 seconds), also when switching off the ignition. In addition, the parking lights flash once on locking, twice on unlocking.

This is what's to follow real soon: one-touch up/down windows using two Directed 530T Window Automation Systems. I have manual windows, so I have to do all the standard wiring and installation of the new window regulators too, although there will be a few alterations to it due to the Directed window modules.

I only realise now what I've gotten myself into. Pulling all those wires is one major effort :eek: !

·
Registered
1982 300D
326 Posts
On the left side of my dash, is a small ...maybe 1cm round switch, wired into the glow plug system, that switches on after glow......I call it the "summer/winter" switch

·
Registered
1982 240D M/T White
196 Posts
Stainless steel braid over teflon brakelines to replace the 25 year old rubber ones. Better, safer and the brake fluid should absorb less water from the humid New Orleans weather this way.

LED lights around (more on this whne I finish).

·
Registered
`86 W201 2.3-16. `84 W123 230Ce
169 Posts
123euroowner said:
On the left side of my dash, is a small ...maybe 1cm round switch, wired into the glow plug system, that switches on after glow......I call it the "summer/winter" switch
i have one of those too.its factory fitted and you turn it to increase the revs for cold starts in the winter!

·
Registered
83 500SEC, 84 300TD, 86 190E 5.0 M113, 87 300D, 01 CLK55, 02 C32, 02 C320T, 03 C320T4, 03 E55
2,600 Posts
I have a second triangle-less hazard switch in place of the fader that lights up when you switch on my under the bumper foglights on my 300CD

·
Registered
1980 300D
228 Posts
Well, I've got a maunal AC/heater panel, rather than one of those "break-a-lot" automatic AC panels. Also, just ordered one of those cup holder sections from Alan. Something I've been meaning to buy for a long while now.

·
Registered
'87 300D
1,394 Posts
stebel air horn mounted in front of the right front tire(no interference.. no rubbing.. etc) just installed it today .. I wired it to a switch so I can switch from factory to the stebel air horn.. I can flip the switch with my foot ..

its really loud

·
Registered
2007 S550
1,165 Posts
I installed a 14" base thumper and amplifier in a box in the trunk ported straight upward, then removed the first aid kit from the rear deck, box and all. Then I made a wood frame and covered it in wire mesh and installed it in place of the first aid kit so now I have passive pass thru for the base speaker.

·
Registered
1981 300CD, 1973 280C
448 Posts
On my 81 I added additional tailight/brake light sockets and an 87 third brake light. Looks stock and a whole lot brighter. Cut a circle in the driver center arm rest, cut out the foam and added a deep cup holder thats flush with the arm rest top. Installed a wider inside rear view mirror from a 126 chassis. Installed a stronger, thicker aux. fan from a 116 chassis, blows harder when on. Replaced metric reading gauge cluster with gas car cluster.

·
Registered
1981 300D
646 Posts
I used to have a switch that controlled the aux fan. I used it after coming off the highway and moving into slow traffic in the summer. I disconnected it though when I thought it was the culprit to charging issues. I'm going to put it back in again when I get my sunfish so when I trailer it the engine wont get too hot while sitting in cape traffic, also I buy a smaller fan for the transmission cooler.

·
Premium Member
2002 CLK 430 Convt. '91 420 SEL, '80 240D, '93 190E Sportline, '70 300 SEL 6.3
1,564 Posts
I put on a black 'wheelskin' leather steering wheel cover, Cibie headlights, rear speakers (did not have any), a third brake light, and an outside temp guage that fits above the steering column. Also installed a warning triangle in the trunk, thanks to the guys in this forum! Future projects include adding an armrest to the driver's seat.

roncor

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Ron,

Curious how you wired the temp gauge. This is one of my plans too, but I still have yet to brainstorm it. I was planning to use the space between the cluster buttons where if you have a column shift car, it would indicate the gear you're in (PRNDSL). But now it's just blank...

·
Premium Member
2002 CLK 430 Convt. '91 420 SEL, '80 240D, '93 190E Sportline, '70 300 SEL 6.3
1,564 Posts
Yeah, Patrick, that's exactly where I installed it! It is a simple device with only a wire used to measure the outside temp. I ran it through the steering column, into and out of the engine compartment, hidden behind the front bumper.

·
Registered
85 300D
390 Posts
So far I've only mounted a VDO black faced/white lettered/orange needle boost guage in my center vent. I had to turn the inside of a large washer down on a lathe to get it to slip over the guage because it was too small to fit in the vent by itself, so this shimmed it so it's in there well now. I have a matching EGT guage that will go into the other center vent. I'll be painting the car's needles the same color so they all look the same. I have a boost controller but that's not really something that looks stock. Also have a A/W intercooler and most the piping ready for install, just need to get around to it!!

·
Registered
1984 300CD
2,680 Posts
I'm not "Alanfrom the big easy"...

xtraag said:
Alanfrom the big easy-

Where did you get your brake lines from?
I'm not "Alanfrom the big easy", but I have Goodrich Stainless Brake lines. This was the best price I could find.

They don't list them for the 123 but this part number works just fine. Also, I checked replacement part numbers for the 123, 126, 124 and they are the same.

Mercedes 300 Series Goodridge G-Stop Brake Line Kits

1 - 20 of 36 Posts