Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here converted their halogens to xenons? Has anyone used any of those conversion kits (phillips, vision, etc.; not mercedes parts) I am curious to know the results and the money invested. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For my 99 CLK 320 I purchased a Xenon headlamp kit for $600 and it was an easy swap. It only took an hour and that is because you have to take the front bumper off to swap the headlamps. All you do is unplug the halogen and plug in the Xenon.<br> <br> dan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: what about doign just the bulbs i hear there are good ones that really look the ....

I don't care what anyone says, I haven't found any bulb that looks like the true Xenon. All you can hope for is the bright white light, ask any other MB enthusiast they will tell you to spring for the Xenons you won't regret it.<br> <br> dan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: what about doign just the bulbs i hear there are good ones that really look the ....

Thanks for the info Dan. I agree, i definitly dont want to go for bulbs, there are none that even compare to the real Mercedes xenon. What kit did you use?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I can find the link for you...<br> <br> Dan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I own a 2000 E430 and I also own a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (my l'il project...er projekt). On our national club forum, there is an EXCELLENT thread about HID conversions including a contact to purchase some from a guy in Chicago. He posts as FUNCTION. Read his posts. They are very informative. I believe his email address is there as well.<br> <br> http://www.clubgp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6381178&FORUM_ID=1&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=group+buy+for+hid+kits&Forum_Title=ClubGP+%2D+General

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 190D. I would like to get an HID conversion kit. I have found one by sylvania that is around 700 bucks, comes with the sealed beam conversion, bulbs, and ballasts. Anyone done something similar? Is it worth it? And how hard is the installation? Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go to the link in my previous post. The guy sells a similar kit for $495. Ballasts, 4000K bulbs (not 2900K in the Sylvannia kit), and so on. Optics should be good enough on your car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Derrich thats the exact info I was looking for when i posted this message to begin with. I was planning on the going with the K2 kit he mentioned. that was all the information i needed. Thanks. -Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Sir

We are manufacturer of HID xenon conversion kits and Halogen lamps for auto headlamps. We would like to enter into business relation with you on a basis of mutual benefits and common developments. We do OEM service for customers all over the world.

Product: HID xenon auto lamps
color temperatuer 4300K, 5000k,6000k,8000k,10000k,12000k 35W 12V 35W 24V(For truck)

Specification: H1, H3, H4,H7,H8,H10 H11, H13, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, D2S, D2R HID xenon lamp

Min Quantity: 10 Payment: T/T Transfer Warranty 1 year

If you have any question please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes

IvyLam

export manager

Sunshine Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd

http:// www.sunshinehid.com

http://sunshinehid.com

[email protected]

[email protected]

Tel 86-755-81920262 86-75583190820

Fax 86-755-83190820

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
4,982 Posts
http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1218438&posts=30

I have 99 E320...

(2) Depo clear lens halogen H7 headlight - $400
(2) E55 bixenon projectors - $175
(2) Hella gen3 ballasts - $200
(2) Phillips D2S bulbs - $80

There is labor involved in fitting the true, HID
projectors into the H7 halogen assembly but in this
case, it was amazingly easy and shouldn't take any
more than a day.

·
Registered
1999 E320
64 Posts
what's up. i installed an X5 8000K H.I.D. kit. it was an easy install and it cost me $300. the difference from the halogens is huge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts