Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 MT(RIP) 05 SLK350 6MT
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finish installing a projectors with HID but right side one start blinks pretty crazy once in a while... check all HID bulbs but there are no problem with it.. it gotta be a wire problem... technician check wires but it seems we could find any problem im guessing a maybe bad adaptor? :dunno: anyone have ideas?? :help: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we swap over with fault ballast one and it worked on other side with no problem....so it got to be a wire problem anymore ideas???

·
Registered
97 SLK230 Sport Package from HongKong
262 Posts
can add a relay to the HID so that can directly get 12V from battery to HID kits thought that relay

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will try that on tueday since its hoilday tommarrow...
can anymore give me a more ideas.... so i could try every possible that i can do it on tueday thanks... :help:

·
Registered
SLK32
891 Posts
Adding a relay would cause the bulb out indicator in the dash to light up. I would just ignore it for now and see what happens after a few days to see if the problem was intermittent or probably see an increase in problem so as to be able to identify it easy.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adding a relay would cause the bulb out indicator in the dash to light up. I would just ignore it for now and see what happens after a few days to see if the problem was intermittent or probably see an increase in problem so as to be able to identify it easy.

my car already bulb out indicator in dash i believe cause by rear plate white HID style bulbs (different volt??) it has been 3 days keep blinkings on and off.. anymore ideas... i need your knowledge.... help me with more possible causing problems so we could try on tuesday all day long :help: :help: :help: :bowdown:

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
Do you mean the fuse on the cars main fuse block number 10 cc and xenon? Or is there a extra fuse on each ballast?
The fuse in the end of dash for each light circuit.
I think they are 15. Try up to 30 etc. Surge current creates voltage drop across fuse but not for long enough to blow it.

Change back after test. (I have left mine at 30)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts