Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you had good success with this? so with hid.. you are going to sacrifice hi beam for sure? or is there a possible way to arrange it to work?? would it be better to get euro headlights before getting hid? or should i just get some super white bulbs and leave it or just with euro headlights.... would it be possible to change the fog lights to be the high beams or is that just stupid? if anybody has done it, how much was the kit and did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
I had HID's in my 300E. It was an OEM set up from a Porsche, it consisted of Hella (generation 3 ballasts) and Philips 85122 D2R bulbs. I paid $300 for the set up, but that was about 1 1/2 years ago, prices have dropped to about $250. I don't believe in boxed HID kits, they are bad quality. I did the install myself, and even fabbed my own glare shields. I thought about rewiring my fogs to be my HI-beams, but I never use them. It is pretty easy to rewire the fogs to be hi-beams. Get the Euro headlights and HID's, the results are great! Here's a pic of my HID "spark up":

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have any before and after pictures of looking forward in the drivers seat at night? thanks for the info. and those are euro head lights right? i think so because there is no windshield wipers. and those look like xenon 6k if im not mistaken...any other opinions? is it really worth the upgrade? anybody have tried boxed sets? and how do i set my fog lights to be high beams if i make my driving lights only low beams...

·
Registered
1990 W124 300TE-24 3.4 AMG, 1991 W126 300SEL
152 Posts
I don't like driving infront of somebody with HID lights on, they are just too bright.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts