Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into the HID's and want to know if they are really worth the money? Do they work on low beam and high beam? can you use low and high at the same time? Does the exterior look good when the lights are not on during the day? Can you buy aftermarket ones that are the same as factory? <br> <br> Just a few questions<br> Thanks!<br> <br> Stinger

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to all your answeres...

yes<br> <br> <br> They are better, iluminate better, look better, look the same when they are off during the day, and yes you can purchase them aftermarket, actually theres a group buy for them over at mbworld.org<br> <br> PS: cant be used low and high beams at the same time, why would you want to do that?, I dont get what you are asking, you cant do that with tht stock lights.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: to all your answeres...

i recently installed an aftermarket K2 xenon kit in my 98 C43 and have nothing but good things to say about it. It illuminates the road better, it looks a hundred times better and it was relatively cheap consiering... i got mine for $410 with shipping from a seller i found on ebay. if you would like his email address, i think i have it around here somewhere. I know nothing about how to fix ANYHTING on my car, in fact i needed a friends help to install clear corner lenses on my car (people mad fun of me for weeks about that one), but this kit took me and a buddy about a half hour to install, i didnt have to replace anything and there were no adverse affects on my car. hope that helped...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: to all your answeres...

All dealers that I have spoken too recommend getting factory HID systems which can be installed by AMG here in North America, or by the dealer techs. These are costly though, but atleast you know you're getting warrantied stuff that is properly set for your MB. Most HID kits I've researched are not lens based, i.e. the beam is not focused via lens into a specific pattern onto the road and does not have a deflector shield, leveling the beam. The only non-MB kits that I've seen simply use your current headlamp reflectors to direct the beam, which in my opinion, sucks for oncoming drivers, but is fine for you.<br>
<br>
As for highs and lows on at the same time, that is actually how the lights should work, and I only speak for C class. I have no experience of knowledge about the E class light systems. But for C class, lows *will remain on* when highs are switched on, thus still lighting the road right in front of you, while the highs give you plenty of distance and spread. Only the fogs will go off when your highs come on. Again, I'm only speaking for C class, and new, i.e. W203 series.<br>
<br>
Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts