Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
C Class
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone knows which HID conversion kit is good ? is it 4500k , 6000k or the 8000k ? Which one give the blue look ? Does anyone know anything about HID here ? I need some help choosing it. Thnx for any advice....[:)]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
I would go...

Hey guys, does anyone knows which HID conversion kit is good ? is it 4500k , 6000k or the 8000k ? Which one give the blue look ? Does anyone know anything about HID here ? I need some help choosing it. Thnx for any advice....[:)]
with the Bi-Xenons frankly. Not only do you get the Xenon high beams, but the beam pattern is optimised for Xenons as well. Contrary to popular belief, you cannot simply stick in a HID Xenon bulb and attain the same output as a specially designed system.

Oh and I would go with 4500K. The higher up you go in colour temperature, the more lumens you lose. The 6000K bulb is about 20-25% less in luminal output than the 4500K bulb (which is what vehicle manufacturers use), and the 8000K bulb is double that! Additionally, blue tends to scatter in poor weather conditions, which is when you want more light, not less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts