Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Hi

1K views 17 replies 1 participant last post by  Frank 
G
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I've been reading all these messages for a few weeks and I thought I should introduce myself, I just got a 2002 CLK in august. & i love hearing all ur coments & upgrades to ur cars!

G
#3 ·
Hi...shygurl ! Lucky you with an...02' clk. My friend Hai just bought an 02' clk too but it at......

<br> the dealership for repair right now. He only get to drive it for two days only! It almost been a month now and they haven't know what the problem is! So considered yourself LUCK. WELCOME SHYGURL.

G
#4 ·
well....

I am not trying to say anything for Mercedes Benz. But just imagine MB manufacture so many cars every yr, no matter how good the quality control is, it is almost unaviodable that some of the cars may have defects.One thing I must admit is MB's technician is not as good as they're 5 yrs ago.<br> I think MB has already have one of the best warranty program in the market. Try getting a BMW or Jaguar, I heard that their cars are even worse.<br> Just try to be fair when making comments!<br> <br> <br> <br>

G
#5 ·
I sold my 96' M3 three month ago with 78,xxx miles. I have only only brought it to the dealer only..

<br> time for power seat problem. The rest of the time are just for service (maybe is just luck). Here is the Mercedes website that you might want to check it out. I know a lot of people don't know about this website. I for one also have alot of problem with my Slk 230 'sport'. I had almost all the problem with the slk they mentioned in the website. I should post my problem in there too but i noticed that there are enought people post the same problem that had already. Let me tell you one MAJOR problem that i had with the SLK red interior is 'paint peeling'. I don't expect that in a $45,000 plus car !!! Did you know that Mercedes used paint to painted the interior in the SLK? I have never seen 'paint peeling' in a Honda Civic my life !!! Here's the website. You should check it out yourself. <br> www.mercedesproblems.com

#8 ·
Nothing has gone wrong with my car 'yet' but i did notice when i stop at a red light or stop sign, my car shakes like it shut off or something, do u think i should bring it back so they can check it out? I brought it to service last week cuz their was a tiny dis-coloration on the molding and they had 2 repaint it, i got my car back looking thrashed! their was a hold dug in my key, black marks on my armrest and finger prints on the inside of my windshield, What did they do with my car??? I'm bringing it back on Wed 2 get it detailed and i'm complaining about my key!

G
#9 ·
my problem with the service people

Nothing has gone wrong with my car 'yet' but i did notice when i stop at a red light or stop sign, my car shakes like it shut off or something, do u think i should bring it back so they can check it out? I brought it to service last week cuz their was a tiny dis-coloration on the molding and they had 2 repaint it, i got my car back looking thrashed! their was a hold dug in my key, black marks on my armrest and finger prints on the inside of my windshield, What did they do with my car??? I'm bringing it back on Wed 2 get it detailed and i'm complaining about my key!

G
#12 ·
Tips to make yr CLK looks better

The very first thing that u should put is a Lorinser rear spoiler. A CLK looks WAY better with a rear spoiler. CEC has it.<br> The next thing u should do is to change a nice set of aftermarket wheels, such as Carlsson or Brabus. Personally I like Carlsson better cause too many ppl use Brabus. IF u're driving down the street & see 8 out of 10 ppl have Brabus wheels, why bother changing it? Mind as well keep yr factory wheels. If u're to change something, its better to change something unique. Agree?<br> The third thing u might consider is removing the star on the hood to a flat MB emblem like the SLK.<br> I think the car looks better without the MB star.<br> <br>

G
#14 ·
definitely there is a problem....

my wild guess will be the fuel injection system...<br> but u should let them know, if yr car is shaking at traffic light, it will be shaking at the MB service too, right? Just show yr problem to the technician.<br> By the way, Shygurl, which city do u live?

G
#16 ·
Its a Thug Life

Oh yeah, and put some sweet purple neon underneath and one of those foot high bad boy stickers! And if you can swing it, snag an R type badge off an Integra and get a AMG badge and then you could have an AMG R Type!! Sweet!! I mean with the spoiler and the badges you could easily make it look like a Honda Civic no problem. Totally awesome in my opinion.

G
#18 ·
Upgrades..

Exterior :<br> - Xenon charged bulbs for the parking light and fog lights<br> - Chrome Headlight Rings<br> <br> Suspension<br> - H&R Sport Springs<br> - 2pt pads front, 1pt pads rear<br> - Bilstein Shocks<br> <br> Wheels/Tires<br> - 19x8.5' AMG CL Wheels with 235/35 19 Conti Sports<br> - 19x8'/19x9' Alstadt 1 Wheels with 235/35 19 and 265/30 19 Toyo Proxies FZ4 Tires<br> -18x8.5 Brabus Monoblock V Multipc with 235/40 18 Nitto Extremes<br> <br> Performance <br> - K&N drop in filter<br> <br> Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.