Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1984 280SE Euro, 1988 300SE, 2000 SL500, 2002 CLK55 AMG
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, just recently registered on the site! I currently own an 02' CLK55 AMG that I've owned for the past year and a half, just an amazing car, everything about this car is perfect in my honest opinion... The way she drives, the power and acceleration, the handling, and the looks- just automotive perfection.

Anyways, I have a couple quick questions: First, my Service B message came on a couple days ago. I took my car to the Mercedes-Benz dealership a week before service was due and they gave me a diagnosis of a few things that will need to be replaced, and told me to bring it again for the service B. Now, my question is what are the main things to look for to replace during this service? The vehicle currently has 111k miles on it. Should I take my car to Mercedes to have it serviced for everything, or just have my mechanic do the work?

Also, my SRS light is on, is that something I should be concerned about? I've had some people tell me that this is common and happens if the sensor gets some dirt on it, but I would like to know exactly what to do.

Thanks for any help, looking forward to being part of the community here!

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
I recommend looking up MarcusF's posts and there should be a link in his signature to his site. All the things you have questions about are probably addressed on there.

Also, regarding the SRS, it could be something as simple as the seat belt causing the problem. I know some one that had the SRS light come on because of some sensor/issue with the seatbelt. Of course it could be something else entirely, but I'm just stating that it might not necessarily be a monstrous issue.

Been looking at 55s myself, I'm jealous. Welcome to the site.

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
Welcome.
A 55 is a handy sledgehammer that can respond well to aftermarket upgrades.

Your problems are expected. At the ton mark it will cost you quite a bit IF the previous owner wasn't following service intervals.

If your SRS is on, it's trouble. If your mechanic knows his way around an AMG then give it to him. If the first thing he does is hook up an OBD reader and spits out the trouble codes, then you know he's starting out properly.

Use the forums search to check out stuff like your SRS problem on file

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response guys.

At Bensin: Glad to be the envy of someone on the board, lol. I'll post pictures after I have my car serviced after which I'll give her a good washing and detailing!

At Hary: The previous owner kept the car in pretty good shape. He had service records for many of the services. My mechanic is quite good with Mercs as well, he has the Mercedes OBD reader that should let me know exactly what the issue is; so hopefully nothing serious.

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Cab.(fun, red); 2013 E350 Sport Prem.(travel, white); 2008 ML350 4Matic (work, blue)
76 Posts
Good morning from north GA and Welcome. As you can tell by the date of registration and "post count", I too am a recent member here with my '02 430 Cab. I found a one owner jem with only 21k miles. There's been times I wished for the extra horsepower of the CLK55 AMG, but at the gas pump I'm glad I've got the 430 - LOL. You are right about them being fantastic cars. Good luck with your service issues.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, my friend had a 430 he inherited from his dad and while not as powerful or as good performance wise, he did get MUCH better fuel economy then me. Still, seeing as I only drive around 2000 miles a year, I'm very happy with my 55.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
You never posted pics, don't you love me anymore?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You never posted pics, don't you love me anymore?
Haha, sorry that I never got a chance to post pics, Bensin, I've been extremely busy these last several months. The car spends most of its time in the garage, and I need to take care of a couple small cosmetic things before I take pics. I want to restore the headlamps (since they're all yellowed up) and there are a couple small scratches in the rear bumper that I want to take care of as well. Not such major stuff, but I'll be getting to it in the next couple weeks and hopefully I'll be able to post pics up.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
ok. but if you don't post pics, it's over between us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts