Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI DOES ENYBODY KNOWS WHEN THESE TWO FANS SHOULD START SPINING ? I HAVE MERCEDES BENZ e 430 SPORT 2000 REASON WHY I'M ASKING BECOUSE DEALER WHANTS TO FIX THEM BY TELLING THAT THEY DON'T WORK AND IT'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CAR DRIVES ENGINE HEATS TILL 100 DRIVING SIDE STREETS AND STAYS IN 81 RANGE DRIVING HIGHWAYS , ENY HELP THANK YOU

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
How about on a hot day with the A/C on?? Park the car, let it idle and see if the fans come on when it gets hot. If not you either have bad fans or a bad temp switch for them. They are very important and an overheat, even once can cost many times the price of fixing the fans.

·
Registered
TT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI THANK YOU SO MUTCH FOR ADVICE , I WILL DO THAT TOMORROW, WHAT IS THE MAX TEMPERATURE THAT I SHOULD LET REACH ?

How about on a hot day with the A/C on?? Park the car, let it idle and see if the fans come on when it gets hot. If not you either have bad fans or a bad temp switch for them. They are very important and an overheat, even once can cost many times the price of fixing the fans.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Stop Yelling, typing with your cap lock on is the same as yelling...

Do the fans spin freely by hand? The one fan is run off of a belt from the other one. Turning the AC on should tell the fans to start to turn. They have a regulator that controls the fan speed that could be bad.

·
Registered
TT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi , finally we had beautiful sunday in Chicago , i started car left for good 20/25~ min to run with AC on , outside temparature was about 75/80 degrees, when engine coolant reached 86/90 deegrees my two electrical fans kicked in ... the end of the story, good advice guys never trust dealer-stealer have a good week everyone ... heh i will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts