Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br>I am currently looking at a '67 250C. It is in fair shape with a little rust in the trunk wheelwell area, as well as the rocker panels and a little paint bubbling at the bottom leading edge of the front doors. <p>The interior is pristine. A little dirty but no cracks or fading. the wood could use refinishing, but I suspect I can pull it out and either refinish it myself or take it to a carpenter.<p>It needs a new brake booster, a new cover of some sort(there is a crack in the "tube" where the distributor mounts), and some new tires wouldn't be out of line.<p>It will need repainting if I decide to fully restore it. All chrome is intact and in very good shape.<p>It is a European model (fully enclosed headlamps, lights below the license plate, and the speed-o-meter registers in KPH.<p>It also has a sunroof which the owner tells me is uncommon.<p>The current owner, a BMW mechanic, tells me he took the car in on a trade and just doesn't want to mess with it. It was originally from Georgia, I gather that is the source of the rust, and has been in Arizona for the past 10-13 years, I gather that has a lot to do with the paint :)<p>Now, I am looking for an 108 because I have a BMW 325i I love to drive, and I have always wanted a big classic benz to counter the Bimmers diminutive stature. So I don't need a daily driver, just a project I can work on in my spare time that can serve as a backup when the 325i just HAS to spent time in the shop.<p>He is asking $1200 for the car, and will replace the Brake booster, Distributor thingie, and tune up the car for another $500. <p>My question to you, newfound fellow listmembers is this:<br>Does this sound like a fair deal? And does $500 sound good for the repair work he has offer to do?<p>I appreciate any response and thank you in advance,<p>Mark.<p>PS. He also has a 280C 4.5 in very good shape for $3000 if any one is looking for one.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts