Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am wondering why MB didn't use the touchscreen system on its navigation system?(more)...

on its navigation system?? I see that acura and lexus and jaguar used the touch screen system.<br>
Even BMW has changed it's screen to a wider screen, I think they make the scree wider about 2 inch.<br>
I am wondering why mb didn't do any upgrade on it?<br>
<br>
Thank you <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Hi, I am wondering why MB didn't use the touchscreen system on its navigation system?(more)...

I am very glad MB did not go the touch screen route. I have a number of Palm units and a programmable remote control that uses a touch screen. Keeping finger prints off the screens is a full-time job, and using a stylus in a car is not feasible. IMHO MB chose just right with the joy-stick & buttons.<br> <br> This is not to say that a larger screen would not be more welcome.<br> <br> As a matter of fact, the screens should be taller than they are wider. The reason is that for navigation, the map display is usually 'track up' which means the map is panned and scrolled vertically. With a taller display you can fit more relevant info than with a wider display.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think that touch screens make is easier and faster to punch in streets and addresses to make. the joystick takes a lot longer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
having a touch screen will allow to to input addresses and street names faster than using the joystick. i've used acura's nav and it's a lot faster than the mb one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts