Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320 & 2001 SLK320
59 Posts
Welcome. Lot's of good info here, but you might want to take off the CAPS LOCK before you ...

Welcome. Lot's of good info here, but you might want to take off the CAPS LOCK before you post.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
Re: Welcome. Lot's of good info here, but you might want to take off the CAPS LOCK before you

Welcome. Lot's of good info here, but you might want to take off the CAPS LOCK before you post.

Enjoy.
Please don't take this as an attack on your writing skills, but you might want to drop the unnecessary apostrophies. Here is my logic: You are not using an apostrophy to make lot possessive, e.g., that is the lot's border, nor are you trying to say that the lot's (the lot is) bigger than you thought. You are writing, I think, that, "There is a lot of good info here [etc.]..." Therefore, I think that the apostrophy is not needed and with it, your phraseology is incorrect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dick, why are you so concerned about an individual's use of an apostrophy? If it was a m...

Dick, why are you so concerned about an individual's use of an apostrophy? If it was a mistake, it was a mistake. Not many people really care about grammatical usage or mishaps on a an informal forum like this. Save it for the classroom.

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
Re: Dick, why are you so concerned about an individual's use of an apostrophy? If it was a m

Dick, why are you so concerned about an individual's use of an apostrophy? If it was a mistake, it was a mistake. Not many people really care about grammatical usage or mishaps on a an informal forum like this. Save it for the classroom.
Then I guess that not too many people care about whether someone types in all caps. Obviously, you didn't see the contradiction. "rs" took the time to write the following to BrabusPower: "Welcome. Lot's of good info here, but you might want to take off the CAPS LOCK before you post." So "rs" was commenting on formatting style and using incorrect grammer to do so. He commented on the use of caps and I commented on rs' grammatical correctness.

My feeling is that if one is going to comment on what he or she believes to be incorrect writing style, he or she ought to be correct in the grammar used to point that out. Just my opinion. I'm sorry it's not alright with you that I share that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Classic Irony!

Then I guess that not too many people care about whether someone types in all caps. Obviously, you didn't see the contradiction. "rs" took the time to write the following to BrabusPower: "Welcome. Lot's of good info here, but you might want to take off the CAPS LOCK before you post." So "rs" was commenting on formatting style and using incorrect grammer to do so. He commented on the use of caps and I commented on rs' grammatical correctness.
People like you who like to comment on the GRAMMAR of other people so often spell "grammer" incorrectly!

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
Re: Classic Irony!

People like you who like to comment on the GRAMMAR of other people so often spell "grammer" incorrectly!
You are absolutely correct. I made an error! The error was a typo that I didn't catch and I apologize. Doing something like that certainly has a negative impact on the point one is trying to make, doesn't it?

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
My Cap's off to you

You are absolutely correct. I made an error! The error was a typo that I didn't catch and I apologize. Doing something like that certainly has a negative impact on the point one is trying to make, doesn't it?
Is it "CAPS off" or "CAP's off" key?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts