Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, to everybody.
Although I'm English, I reside in sun-drenched Tenerife in the Canary Islands, which are under Spanish governance.

Back in the UK I still have a 2005 RHD 350 SL with 29,000 mls on the clock.
Out here in Tenerife, I'm running a 1996 LHD 320 SL with 126,000 kms on the clock.

This old car which is finished in an unusual burgundy, with burgundy and bird's-eye maple trim, is in great condition, mechanically and bodily, but has a few minor problems due to it's age
1. The leather finish on the gear-lever / shifter knob has worn on the upper surface. I have bought a universal replacement knob, until such time as I can source a burgandy/birds-eye maple replacement. Problem I have is removing the 'old' knob. I understand I need to turn the locking-collar below the knob, in order to release the knob itself? Having tried this,it seems the locking-collar just goes full circle. Anybody out there any ideas, please?

2. The interior rear-view mirror has the "shakes". It looks as though it is the automatic-dimming type. How can I a) remove it, and b) can it be 'tightened' to stop the vibration?

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 3 of 3 Posts