Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all only just found this forums from another forums link =). I'm kinda a new owner of a r170 myself having only owned it for just over 4 months now. Got myself a nice Silver 2002 SLK 230 SE. I'm in a local car club already which as all sorts of cars. Get lots of cruising time with my club and events on. My aim to try take this SLK to all types of events to see how the SLK takes it on. I've already took it down the tracks for a 1/4 mile run and last night just took it to the drift tracks to give it a buzz. Being new to drift i was on the skid pan =) (which I have upload videos already which are very interesting). Next up on my list to do is to take it for a spin at the race track.
Anyway will keep an eye out on this forum now as well.

B.

·
Registered
2008 ML350; 2001 SLK230 (traded in)
1,006 Posts
Welcome!

What were your numbers on the 1/4 mile run?

·
Registered
2002 SLK230
595 Posts
Welcome Bamas!

Drifting with a SLK? On a dirt track? Sounds like pure blasphemy to me<lol>. Just kidding....to each, his own. Fun car to drive isn't it? I love mine.

I'd love to see your vidoes so upload them when you get a chance!

Jeff

·
Registered
2002 SLK32
1,080 Posts
Drifting will be very hard on the SLK's open differential. Drifting cars are modified for drifting so it is not something I would do too regurlarly unless you have some back up diffs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts