Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey <p>Vic - I love your AMG C43. What cars have you beaten in it - its gotta be one awesome car with that huge V8 stuffed under the hood - I once looked at one in a showroom and was in awe for days. I think AMG Mercedes are some of the best. <p>Anyhow,<br>I have a modded 95 C280 (Ecu timing, throttle body, intake, catless exhaust system - just temporary and it makes the car sound like a Z28 when accerlating hard but not quite as throaty, SLK wheels) - but normally aspirated. Do you know what I could do to make it faster short of a supercharger. I was thinking 3.9 over Euro-spec 3.55 thats in there. Could the tranny handle it? I would love to get to 60 in 6 seconds. I need to beat up on some more BMW's. <p>Troy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks I love it too!!<br>So far a couple M3 and M roadsters although I was beaten once by an M3. The only thing I heard was this woosh woosh sound. (Blow-off valve ?) That car came side by side with me at 120 mph and took off so fast I couldn't believe it. You should hear the engine sound. Music to my ears.<p>Changing from 3.5 to 3.9 would make a little difference although not that much. I suggest a Limited Slip Differential and disable the ESP/ASR completely like what Carl said on a previous post below. The ESP/ASR, although you can switch it off doesn't completely turn off. It still hauls the car down when it detects major slips, just like when you're revving the car from neutral and placing it on D. <p>Keep me updated with your plans. Sounds like a really great project!!<p>Regards,<br>Victor<p>: Hey <p>Vic - I love your AMG C43. What cars have you beaten in it - its gotta be one awesome car with that huge V8 stuffed under the hood - I once looked at one in a showroom and was in awe for days. I think AMG Mercedes are some of the best. <p>Anyhow,<br>I have a modded 95 C280 (Ecu timing, throttle body, intake, catless exhaust system - just temporary and it makes the car sound like a Z28 when accerlating hard but not quite as throaty, SLK wheels) - but normally aspirated. Do you know what I could do to make it faster short of a supercharger. I was thinking 3.9 over Euro-spec 3.55 thats in there. Could the tranny handle it? I would love to get to 60 in 6 seconds. I need to beat up on some more BMW's. <p>Troy<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW, I'm a different Victor from the other that posted right below this one. =)

: Thanks I love it too!!<br>So far a couple M3 and M roadsters although I was beaten once by an M3. The only thing I heard was this woosh woosh sound. (Blow-off valve ?) That car came side by side with me at 120 mph and took off so fast I couldn't believe it. You should hear the engine sound. Music to my ears.<p>Changing from 3.5 to 3.9 would make a little difference although not that much. I suggest a Limited Slip Differential and disable the ESP/ASR completely like what Carl said on a previous post below. The ESP/ASR, although you can switch it off doesn't completely turn off. It still hauls the car down when it detects major slips, just like when you're revving the car from neutral and placing it on D. <p>Keep me updated with your plans. Sounds like a really great project!!<p>Regards,<br>Victor<p>: Hey <p>Vic - I love your AMG C43. What cars have you beaten in it - its gotta be one awesome car with that huge V8 stuffed under the hood - I once looked at one in a showroom and was in awe for days. I think AMG Mercedes are some of the best. <p>Anyhow,<br>I have a modded 95 C280 (Ecu timing, throttle body, intake, catless exhaust system - just temporary and it makes the car sound like a Z28 when accerlating hard but not quite as throaty, SLK wheels) - but normally aspirated. Do you know what I could do to make it faster short of a supercharger. I was thinking 3.9 over Euro-spec 3.55 thats in there. Could the tranny handle it? I would love to get to 60 in 6 seconds. I need to beat up on some more BMW's. <p>Troy<p><p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts