Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's only 1 day left on the bid!It has high miles at 72,000, but is it worth it?
here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2428338942&category=6336

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not a Benz expert, but I love the S classes and own a 2000 S430. When it comes to bu...

I'm not a Benz expert, but I love the S classes and own a 2000 S430. When it comes to buying any model Mercedes Benz I have to try hard not to get too attached for fear of buying it right on the spot.

Try checking kelley Blue Book.COM (www.kbb.com). I checked the used car trade in value for a 2000 S500 in my area (N. Calif.) and it told me for a vehicle with 73,000 miles a dealer would give me about 37,550. Then compare it with the used car retail (how much it would be at a dealership to purchase), here it would be 48,475. But check it with your zip code because it is location specific.

So if you could get that car for 36,000 I would say that would be a good deal. Just make sure you figure in transport costs, get the vehicle's history and since it is a private sale, keep in mind possible expenses for a brake and tire inspection and possible wheel alignment. And check with a dealer or other certified technician on the cost of a 100,000 mile check up which you'll hit after a year(if you use it as a daily driver).

Good Luck,
Jay

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
The car looks good, But i think it is alot of miles, personally I wouldn't go over 50k mil...

The car looks good, But i think it is alot of miles, personally I wouldn't go over 50k miles. You might want to consider an 01. It seems like the worked out all the kinks in the 00 model.

·
Registered
BMW 740iL
32 Posts
Re: The car looks good, But i think it is alot of miles, personally I wouldn't go over 50k mil

It's odd how a car manufactured in 10/98 could be listed as a 2000 model. I think that makes it a 99, right? Miles are TOO high. That's why no one bid more than $33K for it. 2000's had LOTS of problems. The earliest cars had a LOT more so expect this one to have an additional "fix it" costs of between $3 and $5K because it is certainly OUT OF WARRANTY! ANother thing that's odd about that one is that it looks almost TOO clean? Look at that engine! Ad also states that itt's a black on black car yet the pics show a grey interior. Somethings not right...

The car looks good, But i think it is alot of miles, personally I wouldn't go over 50k miles. You might want to consider an 01. It seems like the worked out all the kinks in the 00 model.

·
Registered
2002 G500
15 Posts
Definitely a MY2000.

This is a MY2000 W220 S-class.

The MY1999 vehicles were produced in a short run (old body style), as the cross-over Model Year between the two styles. A MY1999 is actually a somewhat difficult year to find because of the limited production that is preferred by some drivers -- anyway, I degress.

The MY2000 were brought into production in late 1998 and started to arrive through MBUSA in early 1999.

You are right though, the interior color of the vehicle in the pictures is Ash (a light grey color), and not Charcoal (what is commonly referred to as Black).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts