Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Long time we haven't seen pix of your seven(?) SLs.
I think 4 or 5 of them have been posted I'll see what I can do about getting them all in a row for you. of them are in different stages of dismantlement and repair at the moment . Since John had his stroke the work has slowed a lot. Then we have had 2 deaths in the family in Nov. And, are not sure if Johns dad is going to make it till Christmas. Just a lot going on. But I'll see what pix I can come up with for you. OK, hon'.;)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Wow that is a cool 350slc, it also has the funky headlight wiper system, I may have to ask you some questions about that headlight system someday. Cool cars, good thing I don't have any money, room, or talent.

Nice kid too, a Niners fan! Those are tough to come by even around here! Might be worth his weight it gold when you have to reach a tight spot!

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
thanks Jody; Nice 280SL - I was wondering what the soft top mechanism looked like (and how to operate). I was thinking of pulling the hardtop 2nite on the 380 and checking out the softop. Any suggestions on procedure? I don't have any of the manuals for the car, so was basically going into this blind.
Bandit

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
thanks Jody; Nice 280SL - I was wondering what the soft top mechanism looked like (and how to operate). I was thinking of pulling the hardtop 2nite on the 380 and checking out the softop. Any suggestions on procedure? I don't have any of the manuals for the car, so was basically going into this blind.
Bandit
John is a whiz at the soft tops, he had the blue one done in less than a day.:cool: Send me a PM and I'll pick his brain for you.:D

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
There you are, my dear!;) You doing OK after your tumble?
On the issue with the top, I ended up tooling around the 107 until I found a REALLY old thread that went through it. Loosen all four holding levers, turn the crank counter clock wise and lift. Hopefully that does it.:thumbsup:
Da Bandit

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
John is a whiz at the soft tops, he had the blue one done in less than a day.:cool: Send me a PM and I'll pick his brain for you.:D
:confused:
I didn't know how to remove the hard top. I think I got it, it's loose but not off. My one buddy didn't show, CLK man is MIA and my other buddy hijacked me to help him move furniture!!! So when I got home I worked on the car for a couple of hours with no help.:( Check my thread on the 107 - I updated:)

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,102 Posts
Do they really make baggies with Scooby Doo on them? If so I gotta get some of those, they are too cute.:cool::cool:
Yup...they are right beside the bandaids with Scooby Doo.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
My fun bags are called pillows, so I can see over the hood so I can have fun driving the lil' darlings.;)
Nevermind that meathead, Jody. Some of us appreciate you for your other contributions to the BW (don't get me wrong I LOVE those belly shots);):D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love the color of your '76. My '83 is light tan and the car looks nice but the color does nothing ofr me...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts