Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY..GUYS !!! We installed EIBACH springs in Hai Clk 320 with 2/1 pads and..........................

<br>
We have to do it again because the rear are too low. So this time we gonna re-install with 1/3 pads to make the fender gap at least more even. The ride with EIBACH spring is surprisingly SMOOTH. The factory orignal pads were 3/3. Hai will post the pictures later. The time it take to install is about 2.50 to 3 hrs.<p>pixie.chulavista.lib.ca.us

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the pictures.Thanks Linh ...You Da Bomb.

I love the way is handling now ... but we will need to get the gap adjust to 3/1 pads...Next week<p>adnline209-216-221-253.adnc.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This one more clear.

#2 pad in Front and #1 Pad in Rear. <p>adnline209-216-221-253.adnc.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: This one more clear.

Hai, how large is the gap in the front vs. the rear. I am planning to go with an eibach/bilstein setup this week on my 430 (18 in wheels) and was planning to use a 2/1 setup. However, I am somewhat concerned about your problems in the rear. If it wouldn't be too much trouble can you please post a close up shot of the front and rear gaps. Thanks. <p>ca-hermosa2a-110.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hai... it seems that the springs are hard to get for the 2002 CLK. Where did you buy your springs???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed that with my lowering, rather than getting 2/1 pads, 18" wheels and tires would make the

gap smaller (although it isn't supposed to do much). But the wider wheels (if you choose to) helps as well. How much gap do you want?<p>ca-brea5b-192.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice Hai ! Good work Linh. I suggest you let it settle down first before changing pads again..

as the car will get lower in time. Also, do note that automatic cars tend to slouch in the front due to the amount of braking we do so the front will sit lower in time as well.<p>MBNZ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: I noticed that with my lowering, rather than getting 2/1 pads, 18

thanks mach 430. i have 18x8.5 and 18x9.5. i am looking for a 1.5 in gap approximately but don't want the car to slant down in the front. Given that hai said he had a 1.7 in gap in front before the springs settled in addition to my 430 having additional weight up front vs. his 320, i am thinking a 2/2 pad setup might be right. Any thoughts? Also how bad is the negative camber going to be?<p>ca-hermosa2a-110.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mach430..with 1/3 pads, the car will be slanted but i think it won't be that bad looking and it.....

<br> give a very nice even fender gab. As it for now, even with the driver only, the rear drop lower but not the front. It would look worse with two more people in the rear. I also noticed that when he drove off, the rear suspension 'squad' really low. I really think that with 1/3 pads it would solve fender gap, rear suspension 'squad' and it will give a little bit more smoother ride. This set-up i exactly what i got and prefered in my SLK 230 'sport'. I show Hai my slk and there's no noticeable in slanted height. We will see what happen next week when we will try different set-up. This go to show that we even got alot of feed back in reguard with which pads to use but in the end, we still not happy. I feel bad for those that have to pay for installation two or three time to be satify.<p>pixie.chulavista.lib.ca.us

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Arnee...i can answer Hai Q's for you. He had 18 in. wheel with 40 series front and 35 series........

<br> tires in the rear with factory spring and shock. His wife complain that it was too stiffness and Hai also noticed stifness too. But after replaced the spring with EIBACH spring, the car ride firm and smooth. I was the first one to test drive the his car. I was really surprise it ride was so smooth compared to my SLK with H&R spring and 1/3 pads. My wife had a change to drive his car this morning and it look like she want me to drop the Clk 430 with Eibach too. It look like there's about four cars that is waiting for me now. We had alot of fun doing it. The work actually require more of 'thinking and trick' then physical labor.<p>pixie.chulavista.lib.ca.us

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EVERYONE !!! CHECK OUT THIS www.evosport.com for Mercedes cup suspension. They had picture of CLK...

<br> lowered with even gap front and rear. The car look a lot nicer and there's not slanted look at all just like my SLK too. So i don't know what you are talking about MACH430. It look BEAUTIFUL !!!<p>pixie.chulavista.lib.ca.us

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's my suspension, and I rode in that car. They have stock pads in it, although they recommend

That's my suspension, and I rode in that car. They have stock pads in it, although they recommend 2/1 if you want less gap. That car also has 18' Carlsson 2/5s with new tires.<p>ca-brea5b-192.stmnca.adelphia.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eibach is alot smoother. Stock Slk had a very chopping ride already because of the short wheel base.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts