Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99' 230slk Sport
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im just trying to look out for all...I received a very strange PM today by what seems to be a new member?(newbie) Jessie 2 ?Anyone else get this? Under his name it says ~banned~ but hes online I guess? this was his message. It had link with it too..I did not post that due to any possible virus or something...not sure if thats something thats filtered here or not. Just wanted to give a heads up...somethings seems not right about this. This was also sent as a reply..I never sent this dude a PM before...How or why would I if he joined what looks to be dated yesterday.

Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
Jessie

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
101 Posts
Hey guys Im just trying to look out for all...I received a very strange PM today by what seems to be a new member?(newbie) Jessie 2 ?Anyone else get this? Under his name it says ~banned~ but hes online I guess? this was his message. It had link with it too..I did not post that due to any possible virus or something...not sure if thats something thats filtered here or not. Just wanted to give a heads up...somethings seems not right about this. This was also sent as a reply..I never sent this dude a PM before...How or why would I if he joined what looks to be dated yesterday.

Hi,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
Jessie
Got exactly the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
cough cough nutcase cough cough

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I have brought this to the attention of the "big guns", I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
It appears that the name was registered yesterday and banned today by the administration. The thought is that the name may have been a “spambot”, in any event reporting this kind of thing was a good idea, thanks for the heads up………

·
Registered
98 slk 230 komp, 85 190e
47 Posts
i got the same, i opened the link, no virus but alot of info on how to make my life "better". My slk does that for me anyway:)

·
Registered
99' 230slk Sport
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Snipa ...I would still run a check on your PC... if you did get a virus or some type of spybot you may not even know it (thats what these [email protected]#k's want)but it could track where you go or even steal passwords and/or inportant info..i.e. creditcard #'s. Those scam guys dont want you to know something got inside!! they don't setup that stuff cause it's fun!!! Also, I'm not trying to make you scared..just looking out for the fellow member of this great site!!

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Once you have run a scan on your pc with your virus killer, I would also go to tread micro on the web and do a free one with them also, Cant help to check with a diff one also.

·
Registered
1996 S600 (Sebastian), 1999 SLK230 Kompressor (Tie Fighter)
638 Posts
taking religious advice from einstein is like taking ethics advice from politicians. lmao... just go drive your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts