Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey..Arnee !!! I'm back home now, so come down when ever you want.....................

<br> I plan to stay in San Francisco for a whole week but decided to return home only after two days. The trip were nice but there's nothing to do excepted just sight seeing. The weather were really cold, days and nights. We took the boat and bus tours and we pretty much got to see everythings. The driving up to San Francisco took us about 9 hrs because we stop at alot places. But the drive home only took us 6 1/2 hrs to be exact (I-80 to I-580 East and to I-5 South)). Man !!! I had to tell you that the Clk is a wonderful car for long distance driving compared to my Slk we drove to Pheonix AZ last summer. Believe it or not, Arnee!!! I thought that the Eibach spring is a little bit too soft for me, so i increased all 4 tires air to 40 psi before the trip to S.F because i like it a bit firmer ride. 40 psi were just the right amount of air that gave me the firm ride that i like. So let me know when you are coming down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good.

I'd have to feel how your car rides on Eibachs first before the pad change on mine. I think my plan changed from changing springs and shocks to just trying to see if 10mm lowering in front just via pads is enough (from 4pt to 1pt pads). But if your CLK with Eibachs ride 'ok' for me, then it wouldn't make sense to do double labor to change the pads then change the springs if I get it. I also do plan to go home early to get my Alpine Nav installed, but we'll see. <br> <br> Did you guys see most of the tourist spots? Pretty boring up there unless if you like shopping clothes and souvenirs. That's why I'm complaining that No.Cal. is pretty boring EXCEPT for Lake Tahoe (I'm 1 hour away).<br> <br> Anyway, I'll talk to you later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts