Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK230
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Asp pulley and just changed the Maf. My car was hesitant and had a code which said I was running too lean and when I clean off the maf it would go away for a little while then return, so I figured it had to be the maf. I bought a new one and the same problem exists. I haven't resent the ecu, but I don't think it will magically make it go away. It is okay when I don't give alot of pedal, only when I really give it alot and this happens in every gear. It just feels like the engine struggles to pick up speed. The plugs were changed recently also. Fuel filter also changed already. What else could it be if the code persists and hesitation doesn't go away? Could it be the sc going bad, I hope not?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
BlueBenz - 4/19/2005 8:12 PM

could it be the engine is misfiring ?
A misfire would come up as an error code too.

I wonder which engine it is ? Sounds like a SLK230K.

If its running lean then it must be the increase in air mass that is caused by the increase in supercharger output.

I dont know if running lean can be fixed with a MAF. I wonder if the engine has carbon deposits on the intake ?

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Pull the plugs and look at them. Post some pictures and we can help you diagnose what they mean.

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
To bad you all ran Linh off.
This is right up his alley.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Nobody ran linh off, he left of his own accord.

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
144 Posts
What year is your Car? How many miles do you have? When you added the ASP pulley did you change the FPR if you have an early SLK? Could it be bad? I have a ASP pulley and still run stock plugs and never had any problems. I do run 93 octane. It could be that you got some bad gas and have dirty fuel injectors. Maybe you just need to have your fuel injectors cleaned.

·
Registered
SLK230
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 99slk230 with 92k on it. Linh changed FPR, and I recently changed plugs to autolite stock replacement from the colder ones I had before, but that didn't seem to help. When I originally had him install the pulley it pulled really smooth through all gears and any throttle point. I should check the plugs, but I wonder if it could be misfiring from another cause. I had an audi a4 1.8T and it was missing due to some bad coils. I'm not sure if the slk has intividual coils or just one. But the code for running too lean means not enough gas which indicates more of a fuel issue. It is fine until I really open the throttle. I will get some fuel injector cleaner to try. Could it be fuel pump I wonder.

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
144 Posts
I had a Eagle Talon Turbo tsi and it would do the same thing when I got on it. It would really run bad if I got on it. It turned out to be the plug wires. They go bad with age. Maybe check that too but I don't know why you would show a lean code.

If your fuel injectors are really dirty you will have to take it somewhere to have them cleaned. I don't think A can of fuel injector cleaner will fix it. Just about anyplace can clean your injectors. Even Wal Mart. You won't have to take it to the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts