Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
CL500, E430, SLK, Subaru...
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of times, as the armer weather has started to break through here, I've been out in the CL and at the 2nd or 3rd junction, it's dipped into a complete trough: the engine doesn't cut out, but the throttle pedal just has no effect for a couple of seconds. By then, I've pressed it down a fair way and then whoom, the car takes off.

it only happens once in a trip, and not on every trip. Once it has happened, normal service is resumed - the car shows no further hesitation at all.

On an older car I would have suspected an air leak in a cold induction system duct, or possibly the MAF sensors (though I've had those go in another car, so I know this isn't hte symptom). Anyone else got any other suggestions?

·
Registered
CL500 (W215)
45 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 05 CL. It sometimes hesitated and often seemed to be missing a cylinder. Dipping the accelerater often did nothing - then suddenly teh power came back and zoom - your off with no hint of another problem. It was very intermittent as to when it happened.
MB got an update software CD from MB Milton Keynes and uploaded that in 10 minutes and all has been well since. Apperently a few lines of code were corrupted and the engine was reading these lines under certain circumstances.

It was a free fix.

Hope this may help

·
Registered
CL500, E430, SLK, Subaru...
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool; I need to get another Keyless Go key anyway, so that's another computer to-do for whoever gets that job...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts