Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK 55 cabrio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a C32 earlier this week and here is what my salesman emailed me: "These days, there's not much left in terms of healthy discounts. Follow me through this: in '99, when the old C32 was out there, it listed right in the $55k neighborhood. Most dealers didn't discount them, and there was about %14 margin; making for about a $7700 profit. To be any where near that today, you'd have to pay about $3600 over window sticker! What I'm getting at is that Mercedes Benz has considerably dropped their margins over the last few years. With the '03 model year, they're down to 7%. That figures to a profit of $4100, less detailing and prep on the new C32 that you drove."
"From the list price of $58855, I'll take it down to $58,000. In all fairness, that calculates out to a profit of about $3200, so no one's getting rich here. From a lease standpoint, MBFS is way up there on money factors, so I've figured a lease with Chase Manhattan. They have a money factor of .00315 and a residual value of 59%. A 39mo/15k lease at those numbers comes in at $935/month with $2725 due at delivery (1st and security, tax, title, and license.)"

So what do you you all think: Is this a decent deal, and is this car worth a grand a month for three years?

·
Registered
I'm surrounded ;)
12 Posts
Actually the profit margin is 6% (sucks to be a Mercedes-Benz salesman doesn't it?). On t...

Actually the profit margin is 6% (sucks to be a Mercedes-Benz salesman doesn't it?). On top of that you are getting a discount off the window MSRP of the car. In Southern California, there is a premium on the C32s and most other AMG models, _600's, and the SL's (I on the other hand give breaks). If you can get a discount then you got a decent deal already. Regarding the actual lease, I don't know what Tier catagory you fall in, but you might be able to grind the guy for a whole .00005 money factor. Overall your deal is good.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 55 cabrio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But then again...

Unfortunately for me, I'm in the (drab) upper midwest, not CA, and around here, deals on AMGs in mid winter are actually fairly common. Last January, I bought my CLK 55 cab from a dealer in south dakota and got $5k off the $82k sticker. So I was thinking that nine hundred bucks off of $59k wasn't that special. Perhaps it is...regarding the lease, my Beacon is fairly strong, and the deal Primelease.com out of Miami offered me had a .00185 money factor, or 4.4%, which beats the local dealer by a wide margin.
I appreciate your comments, and I'm certainly leaning toward pulling the trigger. It seems like a great sedan, offering 95% of the E55 performance for about 60% of the cost, albeit fewer bells and whistles. I imagine the C handles better than the E if for no other reason than size.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 55 cabrio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still negotiating...

Dealer has now knocked off $1,350 and thrown in a set of Dunlop Winter Sports, probably worth $500 plus. Revised Chase Bank quote got the monthly payment on the three year lease down to $875. I am thinking this is about as good as it gets (for 15k/miles a year). The black C32 is in my garage tonight, as I have it for a 24 hour test drive. Looks pretty cool next to my silver CLK 55 cab. I think I am about to become a two AMG household. In comparing the two, the sedan feels more responsive, due to the lower weight. I am really impressed by the car. Now, I just hope it holds up as well as the CLK has.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 55 cabrio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Deal is Done!

Today there is a new black C32 parked next to my 55 cab in the garage. Final deal was $2k off MSRP, payments of $750 a month for three years, 15k miles per year, $3k down, plus taxes/title. Not great...but not too bad. Car has 116 miles on it (55 cab has about 15k), so I am in the process of gingerly breaking her in. Have already ordered my first mod:
painted side markers (obsidian), as I have installed on my silver cab. Next will be a sweet 35% 3M tint.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Congratulations!...

Today there is a new black C32 parked next to my 55 cab in the garage. Final deal was $2k off MSRP, payments of $750 a month for three years, 15k miles per year, $3k down, plus taxes/title. Not great...but not too bad. Car has 116 miles on it (55 cab has about 15k), so I am in the process of gingerly breaking her in. Have already ordered my first mod:
painted side markers (obsidian), as I have installed on my silver cab. Next will be a sweet 35% 3M tint.
I have clear side markers myself [:)]. Please join us over in the W203 C-class topic as well, and if possible post a few pictures of your cars! I'm sure that everyone would love to see them.

Here is the link to the main C-class topic:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/table.asp?id=6

Here is my own C [:)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts