Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
l just got it back from the dealership........

1. 2 Instrument Cluster light bulbs burnt out...
2. 2 Sway bar bushings replaced...that's what was
causing the faint knocking in the front....
3. Replaced the Power Steering hose and clamp....
4. Replaced Blower fan..apparently the new ones have screens on them.......
5. Changed the MCS screen from black to blue....l love the blue color...That was done through the AAM.
6. Replaced washer reservoir motor....leaking hose, causing light to come on....Funny..it wasn't the actual tank......it was a hose that had blistered...
7. The rear blower fan had to be replaced...the fan door had a crack in it....causing excessive noise...
8. The front brakes were squealing....new pads and anti- squeal paste.....
9. All 4 window mouldings changed and replaced....we all know this one..discoloring and pealing....

The great thing..all the mechanical work was done under warranty...........

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
Dont you have to love that warranty. Have you noticed that you have a different "swagger" when you walk into the dealership when that 4year/50k warranty is still good[:D]
After the warranty is expired, I drag in the door at the dealership like I just went 12 rounds with the heavyweight champ[|)]

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
That 50,000 mile Mercedes warranty is awesome I have the aftermarket with API my SA at the dealer says they are great they approve and pay fast It almost time to renew with them not sure the price though.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes..l do agree..you do feel different walking in with warranty under your belt....Other than those items..which were attended to perfectly..the truck is amazing....the "giddie up and go" is to die for...

·
Registered
ML55, E320
550 Posts
My 01 55 - since January 2002
(warranty just ran out. Hopefully, things will slow down now that I have to pay for fixes. I'm planning to dump it if it doesn't.

1) Check Engine light 4 times over a few months (they changed oxygen sensors 3x, then figured out it was a loose connection).
2) Replaced glove box door (broken hinge)
3) Running board light out
4) Rear seat release (driver's side)
5) Reat seat release (passenger side)
6) Driver's seat left bolster broken (replaced seat back)
7) AC inoperative
8) GPS inoperative 2 times (Adjusted antenna, then replaced antenna. Dealership left interior trim off when the car was returned)
10) Steering clamp loose and lost power steering fluid 2 times
11) Replaced steering gear
12) Replaced steering rack
13) Added anti-squeal compound to brake pads after three complaints
14) Replaced brake pads to quiet squeal after fourth complaint (new pads aren’t as good as originals, but don’t usually squeal)
15) Running board light again (second time they replaced the $2k lighted running boards - 1.5 days of labor!)
16) Reattached new lighted running board cover (wasn’t properly attached when replaced)
17) Battery died suddenly (at 10 months)
18) Windshield wiper motor died
19) Dealership broke the windshield while replacing the wiper motor
20) Key programming lost 3 times – key replaced last time
21) Rear seat release (driver's side)
22) Light in cargo area works intermittently - replaced
23) Rear seat release (driver's side) – replaced release cable again
24) Sticking throttle (couldn’t feel it first time in shop, took it back again, still no repair) (lubricated on third trip to the shop and it works smoothly)
25) Roof rack lock can be locked, but slips right off the end (Replaced)
26) Plastic piece on side of driver’s seat, with position buttons on it broken. (Replaced)
27) gas cylinder under rear seat defective, part ordered in July, still no call from dealer in January. Went to another dealership who replaced the part.
28) Running board light out again. Replaced lights and transformers.
29) Rear suspension creaking and grinding. Replaced rear struts/shocks.
30) Rear seat release (driver's side) – replaced release cable again
31) Rear hatch struts weak. Not holding up hatch (replaced)
32) Instrument cluster light out (replaced)

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
AdamNelson....

As I was reading all the fixes of your 01`ML55, most of the items that were fixed(again&again) are basically MB tech fault. I think the MB tech that handles your ML are not careful enough/"sloppy" or maybe not MB Certified. Name the FEW item....1) the O2 sensor connection... man, 2.)Reattached new lighted running board cover (wasn’t properly attached when replaced). 3.)Dealership broke the windshield while replacing the wiper motor. 4.)
Key programming lost 3 times – key replaced last time
Hope you can find a good MB mechanic, either private or dealership. Good Luck.

·
Registered
ML55, E320
550 Posts
RE: AdamNelson....

This was at a dealership - R&S in Fort Washington, PA. The people are very nice and they give you a new E or ML as a loaner, or they pick up and drop off the car. The problem is that their techs suck!!
I tried another dealer, a bit farther from my house, and they seem to be better. Unfortunately, I'll probably have plenty of opportunities to find out.
I doubt I'll keep the ML much longer.I like the looks of the FX45. If it were just a little bigger...

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: AdamNelson....

AdamNelson - 3/24/2005 10:51 PM

This was at a dealership - R&S in Fort Washington, PA. The people are very nice and they give you a new E or ML as a loaner, or they pick up and drop off the car. The problem is that their techs suck!!
I tried another dealer, a bit farther from my house, and they seem to be better. Unfortunately, I'll probably have plenty of opportunities to find out.
I doubt I'll keep the ML much longer.I like the looks of the FX45. If it were just a little bigger...
Hey Adam..l have to agree..l took a FX 35, out for a spin..great vehicle.....but very small inside..[:0]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts