Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now I know that there are different options to get the rear cambers back into spec like, K-MAC or Benzboy or using eccentric bolts etc, but I have an idea that uses none of these and need some expert advice.

When I was recently lowering the rear of my car I had an idea. As you know you can remove the spring easily be just undoing the rear wishbone arm bolt (see photo). Now on some cars the hole where the bolt lines up and goes through the arm is elongated so that you can get some adjustment on the camber. In other words enabling you to bring the bottom of the wheel in slightly therefore striaghtening the cambers up.
Has anyone done this or can give advice, because it would be simple solution if it worked ! (and cheap!)

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Now I know that there are different options to get the rear cambers back into spec like, K-MAC or Benzboy or using eccentric bolts etc, but I have an idea that uses none of these and need some expert advice.

When I was recently lowering the rear of my car I had an idea. As you know you can remove the spring easily be just undoing the rear wishbone arm bolt (see photo). Now on some cars the hole where the bolt lines up and goes through the arm is elongated so that you can get some adjustment on the camber. In other words enabling you to bring the bottom of the wheel in slightly therefore striaghtening the cambers up.
Has anyone done this or can give advice, because it would be simple solution if it worked ! (and cheap!)
oooo... I have to say that i wouldn't recommend altering components. You're better off replacing components all together.

However, top marks for initiative!

:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts