Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I posted a message asking for a better deal for 01 SLK 320. When I went to Keys European, they have already sold the particular car that I initially wanted. (my falt, i didn't put deposit) He has told me not to get CLK cab because I had to pay $10k premium last week. But, since I was pissed, I told my sales rep, Kris Assad, that I wanted CLK convertible instead. They have most CLK cabs readily available out of all the dealers I have been to past few months. This sales rep is just incredible. He wanted me to compare 00 CLK cab and 98 SL500 ,which had same 22k miles on, side by side although I wasnt even in market for SL500. He said just to look and decide later. He spent good half hour having me test drive both cars. He parked the cars side by side with lights on for me to compare. He also presented me head to head comparison where the both cars were topdown and facing each other. Then, he sat down with me explained to the detail the defference in purchasing and leasing. He told me that CLK cabs, since its introduction, have never dropped down in value YET. He didnt know when it's gonna drop down, but it will soon or later, but SL has took its depreciation already. Most importantly, SL500 was cheaper!!! I would have never guessed that. So, the decision was easy. I ve bought 98' mint condition triple black SL500 for $57k. It took me 4 hours of negotiation in price, however, the best thing was that he didnt disagree with me once. I kept going down on price and he just would present it to the manager without any hesitation. It was as if he was my attorney. Anyway, I promised him that I would post about him here. Hey, mbnz has its power. I used this website to gain some leverage and it works. So, if there is anyone to buy MB in SoCal, please give him a try and he won't disappoint you. Tell him James B. sent you and he'll be your attorney. Sorry for such a long post.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts