Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just graduated from college -(yay)- and am looking for a new vehicle to replace my aging Jeep wrangler. I have been looking at the either the 2003 ML350 and the C230 of the same year. Which is the more "reliable" - if one can say that? Obviously, the price of fuel is driving my interest in the C230.

What say you all?

Thanks in advance for your help.

V/R

Rocker

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
1,271 Posts
Alright, I just graduated from college -(yay)- and am looking for a new vehicle to replace my aging Jeep wrangler. I have been looking at the either the 2003 ML350 and the C230 of the same year. Which is the more "reliable" - if one can say that? Obviously, the price of fuel is driving my interest in the C230.

What say you all?

Thanks in advance for your help.

V/R

Rocker

Much lower operating costs on the C230. By leaps and bounds.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 / 2005 C230 / 2004 E320 4matic wagon
92 Posts
Having a 2005 c230 AND a 1999 ML320...I'll second what he just said. I know it's not the same truck, but similar enough. It sucks gas like you wouldn't believe. My SA at the dealer I go to told me that they very rarely see the Kompressors in the shop, which helped me to make the decision to buy my car. I absolutely love the car, even more than I love the truck. I had forgotten how fun it is to fly with your ass inches off the ground.

Oh and one more thing, the car fits into tight parking spaces ALOT better.

·
Registered
C320 4matic
1,743 Posts
When I graduated I was looking at the ML350, which I was set on because I couldn't find a C that fit my interests. Well the ML is good for offroading (which I like to do), packing and towing.

When I came across my current car I couldn't turn it down. It rides better and is a lot more fun to drive than a truck. PLUS gas prices are rising and I spend enough on premium fuel as it is.

I also heard that the older MLs have a lot of problems.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I graduated I was looking at the ML350, which I was set on because I couldn't find a C that fit my interests. Well the ML is good for offroading (which I like to do), packing and towing.

When I came across my current car I couldn't turn it down. It rides better and is a lot more fun to drive than a truck. PLUS gas prices are rising and I spend enough on premium fuel as it is.

I also heard that the older MLs have a lot of problems.
werd, I have both, 03 C320, and 03 ML500. I hate the ML. now its being replaced! woohoo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts