Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:...need to fit a new csc bearing..i've taken off everything that i can see that might be in the way but i cant get the box out...its off the block, small sub-frame off ,lower A arm off,mid d/shaft moved, everything disconnected..but there just doesnt seem enough room to get it out..Does it need to be turned a specific way..???? ... i feel like i'm tryin to peel an orange through a letterbox....:(

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tanx for that...needed to almost re-fit it and start again..:mad:.....got it out eventually....a bit miffed to find no sign of leakage in the bellhousing.:(..i expected it to be sodden..i took the old bearing to pieces but it seemed fine..:confused:.could be a waste of time and money..i hope not...
Put it back in tomorrow (weather permitting) and hope for the best..
At least if its the m/c it'll be a bit easier..:eek:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
if you need a sealant, try granville or loktight "mega Copper" (the name changes slightly between the 2 brands and when it was packaged)

It is a silicon compound used as a bead (string) around the surfaces but unlike most it is resistant to all the oils etc AND temperatures to over 700Fahrenheit (340c) and will even seal pistons and exhausts.

I'm just glad the works going better now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts