Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,953 Posts
wow low miles, not a bad price for a diesel..just wish it were closer!

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,953 Posts
btw the round headlights are American and the square ones are Euro, not the other way around

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,978 Posts
Hmm.... nice old car, but was surprised by the pictures after reading the story line...

If it was me selling the car, I would have taken an hour out my free time to clean out the interiour completely, maybe even a vacuum eh?

Also a car wash to get all the road salt off would greatly improve the ad.

Last... the pictures, the first several look to be taken from inside another car through a window that was left up, resulting in some of the worst for sale pictures I've ever seen. I would have never posted them, thats what the delete buttons are for.

If in fact that is the correct mileage, the pictures really detract from what might be the value of the car, and more so they tend to show neglect for aesthetics.

Kinda makes a buyer wonder if the neglect overlapped into the overall maintenance of the vehicle...

But hey, maybe it's a diamond in the rough

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.... nice old car, but was surprised by the pictures after reading the story line...

If it was me selling the car, I would have taken an hour out my free time to clean out the interiour completely, maybe even a vacuum eh?

Also a car wash to get all the road salt off would greatly improve the ad.

Last... the pictures, the first several look to be taken from inside another car through a window that was left up, resulting in some of the worst for sale pictures I've ever seen. I would have never posted them, thats what the delete buttons are for.

If in fact that is the correct mileage, the pictures really detract from what might be the value of the car, and more so they tend to show neglect for aesthetics.

Kinda makes a buyer wonder if the neglect overlapped into the overall maintenance of the vehicle...

But hey, maybe it's a diamond in the rough

I see what your saying....that was my everyday driver and someone from pa was asking for more pics(im in NY) so i took those pics in a rush but your right and the car is all shined up n looking good now ;) maybe ill get my lazy butt out in this cold weather and take some better pics thanks .....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw the round headlights are American and the square ones are Euro, not the other way around
and thanks for the tidbit.....i wish i were able to keep it and get all the info on this car....its a shame have all service records and owners manuals and things of this nature....metal warranty tag.....i even have the cassette head cleaner brand new in plastic with the directions for the radio! ::shakes my head:: now here i am selling it desperately before xmas on craigslist......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts