Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML 500 sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, i want to know if anyone has purchased a certified mercedes vehicle lately (not star certified or certified one) from an MB Dealer and has received an Extended Limited Warranty (ELW) included in the purchase. I just purchased a Certified car from an MB dealer who then charged me 1600.00 for a transmission and engine warranty from a third party. However when you read the Certified Pre owned details in the following email (http://www.gardenmotorcar.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=3399), the car is supposed to include warranty at no charge and no other gimmicks. is it me or am i misunderstanding something , please help. Furthermore, the dealer said the used ml does not have roadside when clearly (as per MB) all used cars purchased from a MB dealer do. Please help me.

Furthermore, anyone have any details on the (ELW)

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,040 Posts
hi, i want to know if anyone has purchased a certified mercedes vehicle lately (not star certified or certified one) from an MB Dealer and has received an Extended Limited Warranty (ELW) included in the purchase. I just purchased a Certified car from an MB dealer who then charged me 1600.00 for a transmission and engine warranty from a third party. However when you read the Certified Pre owned details in the following email (Garden Motorcar), the car is supposed to include warranty at no charge and no other gimmicks. is it me or am i misunderstanding something , please help. Furthermore, the dealer said the used ml does not have roadside when clearly (as per MB) all used cars purchased from a MB dealer do. Please help me.

Furthermore, anyone have any details on the (ELW)
You say that you purchased a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, which falls under the category of less that 7 yrs. old and between 80,000-140,000, but you never included the year, model and mileage in your post.

When you signed the purchase agreement, weren't you supplied with a copy of what is actually covered under the ELW? Then you were sold a warranty covering the engine and trans.. What is the third party company covering the eng. and trans? Why did you agree to this before knowing what was covered in the ELW?

The first thing you have to do is get your hands on the written copy of the coverage under the ELW and see if the engine and trans are covered, which it should be. Then these questions have to be directed to the saleman who sold you this bill of goods and then ask that the 3rd party contract be cancelled and your money be returned. There is usually a 30 day window, as long as no claims have been submitted.

It also shows that you are entitled to a copy of the vehicle's Service History, which is very valuable to you. So also get a copy of that.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
84 Posts
With my CPO, I got an extra year and up to 100K miles (which ever comes first) on top of the original warranty. I declined the $8K option to buy a the MB extended warranty on top of that.
$8000!!!? :eek:

I purchased my 02 CPO, 73K miles, it came with a CPO 'Stated Coverage' warranty; 1 year, 100,000 total miles warranty standard

The only additional warranty that I was offered was from Mercedes it was $1,200 to extend the same warranty to 2 years, 100,000 total. I begged for a different warranty that covered more; but "it was the best warranty available, If you don't like the warranty you can cancel at any time".

Beware, the second year from Mercedes is an attachment to the free warranty, not a extension, cancel the second year, you cancel the free warranty as well, they don't tell you that when they push you to buy it :argue:.

also roadside is standard with all mercedes I used mine twice, for free, after the warranty expired.

Mercedes should have mailed you a book, with the CPO warranty details.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the sales push was it would cost me $10K if my tranny went out so the $8K warranty would be worth it.

i haven't gotten a book. i better follow-up.

·
Registered
2007 ML 500, 2008 ML 550, 2011 ML 63 AMG
363 Posts
The devil lives in the details.

There is a difference between 'certified' for the purposes of licensing it, and certified as in M-B certifies it's up to their standards.

If you look at the 'inventory search' page for the SUV's there is a column marked 'type' and some vehicles have a black & white rectangle next to them under that column and some don't. Only the ones with the black & white block are M-B 'certified' and include the free warranty.

I know several people who had the same issue, and with a corporate M-B store to boot! In most of the GTA the M-B stores are corporate stores.

Check your sales contract carefully, or if it's still available, the advertisement for your vehicle, it will say if it's Mercedes Certified or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts