Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started up my 190d today and it was shaking alittle bit but i figured it was just because it was cold, then i started to put it in reverse and it started to shake pretty rough and the transmission was slipping almost, then i put it in Drive and the transmission was slipping more. I pulled out of the driveway and it felt like a bad person was driving a standard. I was at a stop sign and it was on its way to 120 C on the temp gauge, then when i drove it went back down, im guessing due to the air flow, then when i was driving around 55mph the car slowly started to slow down, without realizing it i was close to the floor with the pedal, and then trying ot get the car back up to 55 it was to the floor and still not going faster, then i backed off and tried it againa nd nothing happened. I put it in nuetral and coasted into my driveway, when putting it in reverse, it started shaking harder then spiked in the temp gauge, then while applying gas to it, it shaked harder and started to sputter then i tiruned it off and opened the hood and it seemed like oil has burst all over the place, but it wasn't the consistancy of oil, i checked teh amount and it was perfect. I got a new headgasket and new fuel injectors about a month ago, and ever sence the car hasn't been teh same. Reliable mechanic. Rough shifting sometimes, but ran smooth just a day ago. Please help wtih ideas or what could be wrong. Im not even sure if i can make it to a garage. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Prolly transmission fluid all over your engine bay (Highly flammable, be careful). Consider the transmission toast.

The temp gauge probably is coincidence if your coolant is not topped off and is full or air pockets.

·
Registered
234 Posts
when's the last time u serviced the tranny? If a filter gets to dirty it can cause a tranny to build to much pressure, it begins to push more out then it can suck in causing it to have pressure in the pan the fluid has to go somewhere so it pushes it out the dip stick. there is a lot of adjustments on the deisel vacuum systems that you can make to help out the shifting of the tranny see this article Mercedes-Benz Transmission, Steve Brotherton, ImportCar, February 2002 it has pretty good

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not for the last 3k miles, i know that. Maybe not to long before than. IM taking it to a garage tomorrow and hopefully getting some news thats not that i need a new tranny.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Well keep in mind that if you lost a ton of trans fluid, the car isnt going to drive well because the pan and possibly torque converter is empty.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i think we are going to have it towed now. THe garage is about 15 miles away, so i think im not going to try and run it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts