Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E-320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As I was driving the other day the ETS light on my 97 E320 came on and the computer display said Electronic.....wasn't able to see the rest because car died out and everything stopped working...Brakes jammed, steering could not turn. Tried to restart it but it only cranked...and didn't start! After 35min ...it started and has no lights on and is driving okay but it has a rough feel. Anyone has ony knowledge about this because the dealer wasn't able to do anything since no light was on!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Very possible it is your Crankshaft Positioning Sensor(CPS) starting to go south on you. Dealer wont be able to diagnose your car fully at this point bec. your problem seemed intermittent.

·
Registered
1997 E-320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your help.I too it in to the dealership and they replaced the fuel pump but the car still died out. Then they checked and saw that the Crankshaft Positioning Sensor was bad.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hariom - 5/10/2005 6:44 PM

Thanks a lot for your help.I too it in to the dealership and they replaced the fuel pump but the car still died out. Then they checked and saw that the Crankshaft Positioning Sensor was bad.
Glad to hear that you are back in the road again! I hope your dealer gave you some discount for the misdiagnosis..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts