Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 E320, and just took it to a stereo shop to get a sound system installed. They pretty much spent the entire day and installed a deck two amps, two 10' woofers and a set of speakers inside the car. By the time they were finished they went to start the car, and it would barely idle. I then towed it and took it to my mechaninc, and the results ended up being that my computer was fried. Anyways, I still wan't the sound system to be installed in my car, and obviously dont want the same thing to happen. Can anyone give me any tips to why this happened, and whats the right way to install it on a 97 e320. I heard to leave the negative on the battery unplugged and the key outa the ignition. Any other tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
It happened because your installers had no idea of what they were doing.

·
Registered
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
283 Posts
Those fools should have used the relay w/ dios, and use existing wire to drive the relays.

Instead, they're just lazy (or lot of time, don't know), so just use existing wires to drive the new power hungry devices.

Hope you can find a good deal on computer. They're EXPENSIVE ! [8D]

djbam7 - 3/3/2005 5:17 PM

I have a 97 E320, and just took it to a stereo shop to get a sound system installed. They pretty much spent the entire day and installed a deck two amps, two 10' woofers and a set of speakers inside the car. By the time they were finished they went to start the car, and it would barely idle. I then towed it and took it to my mechaninc, and the results ended up being that my computer was fried. Anyways, I still wan't the sound system to be installed in my car, and obviously dont want the same thing to happen. Can anyone give me any tips to why this happened, and whats the right way to install it on a 97 e320. I heard to leave the negative on the battery unplugged and the key outa the ignition. Any other tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts