Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought 20" lorinser lm1 replica rims.... 20x8.5... with 35 positive mm offset... and a 5x112 bolt pattern... i tried the rim on the front of my 430 and the top of the rim and the ball joint are like .5" apart from each other... i think ill need spacers but i dont know what kind... and the stock lug nuts my 430 came with are a little long for the 20's... im getting the tires in a couple days and i need to know as much as i can before they install it... the guy guaranteed it would fit the clk but might require spacers... u think 1/2" would do? i dont want the ball joint to rub my tires [:(] thanks a lot guys

·
Premium Member
CLK / ML
4,077 Posts
spacers..

Get the tires first and mount them. With that offset, you shouldn't need spacers.

I have the real 19x8.5 LM5s in front with lorinser spacers that brings the offset down to +34 I believe. I use the stock bolts. How many turns do you get ?

You will need the longer ones if you do put in spacers. Just watch out for the rear park brake as too long will hit and damage the mechanism.

Spacers come in 5m, 10m & 15mm from H&R. Get the tires, mount them and try getting the smallest one available that will clear the joint, if it it too close.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20" rims

i put them on yesterday and the guy gave me shorter lugs... i ended up putting 5/16" spacers in the front with the stock lugs... i heard the 430 lugs with the amg wheels have longer lugs than a 320... and i put the shorter lugs the guy gave me in the back... it looked fine until i drove around the street and the front rubbed the arm of the car real bad... my dad's going to bend the arm around 1/2 an inch so it wouldn't rub... hopefully it'll be ok... 20's on a clk look tight though... no need to lower it...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: 20" rims

i put them on yesterday and the guy gave me shorter lugs... i ended up putting 5/16" spacers in the front with the stock lugs... i heard the 430 lugs with the amg wheels have longer lugs than a 320... and i put the shorter lugs the guy gave me in the back... it looked fine until i drove around the street and the front rubbed the arm of the car real bad... my dad's going to bend the arm around 1/2 an inch so it wouldn't rub... hopefully it'll be ok... 20's on a clk look tight though... no need to lower it...

lower it dude..if not ur car will looks like BIg foot..hahhaa btw 20 rules dawg!!!
[:D]

p/s thats my car with dubs!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i noticed that it did get kinda high

how much did u lower yours by? im afraid it might rub though... hopefully not... did u get h&r springs or just cut the springs? did u change the spring pads too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts