Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of Eurotech 18" mesh style wheels. The rears fit fine they are 18x9.5. The fronts do not fit though. They are 18x8.5 ET30 and the inside of the spokes are rubbing on the caliper. The vendor states that they fit all E55's but clearly they do not.

I've always heard horror stories about spacers and really don't want to run them. Is there such a thing as a 1mm spacer to bring me back to ET31 like the stock front wheel? What would you guys do?

-Frank

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
577 Posts
I just got a set of Eurotech 18" mesh style wheels. The rears fit fine they are 18x9.5. The fronts do not fit though. They are 18x8.5 ET30 and the inside of the spokes are rubbing on the caliper. The vendor states that they fit all E55's but clearly they do not.

I've always heard horror stories about spacers and really don't want to run them. Is there such a thing as a 1mm spacer to bring me back to ET31 like the stock front wheel? What would you guys do?

-Frank
Long story short. They do not fit. To make them fit will require custom hub centric spacers. There is not an aftermarket spacer out there that will fit properly. 5mm would be the minimum. Back in my Mustang days, grinding down the caliper was the poor man's way of forcing a fitment. Once again, W210 E55s offer very little space for aftermarket front rims; OEM barely fit. Go figure. Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what i figured. I'm just really pissed because i did my homework on these and end up getting screwed anyway. Every FAQ i read stated that the w210 would take any wheel from ET30-ET40, the vendor stated that the wheels would fit the E55 as well.

I guess that ET31 is the absolute minimum that can fit up front on this car? Either that or the spoke design on these wheels is just too tight. So pissed right now.

Anyone want a set of brand new wheels/tires??? Will they fit the e430 up front?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips, any idea if they will fit the other non AMG w210 Models so I can sell them if I can't get a refund?

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
577 Posts
Thanks for the tips, any idea if they will fit the other non AMG w210 Models so I can sell them if I can't get a refund?
I would assume they would fit all non AMG W210s. The culprit here being the AMG larger brakes. I have done business with Eurotech, and, in fact, have Eurotech Brabus VI 18X8 ET:30mm front; 18X9 ET: 35mm rear. Perfect fit. The only issue was the aftermarket lug bolts came up long, and rubbed. I had them grinded to about 20mm in length to fit. Which leads me to ask if the culprit here is the lug bolt length as opposed to the caliper? Wouldn't that be great. Nonetheless, if the design is the culprit, attempt a refund or put them on Ebay where you should be able to recover a large portion of your loss. Good luck. BTW, can you post a PIC or a link of rims in question.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt it's the lug bolts, i got a custom set from RAD and had them milled down to 25mm. They mount perfect flush and just barely hit the calipers, i would say 1 or 2 mm and I would be fine. I think my problem is that I went with the 18x8.5/18x9.5 set. I only did this because it explicity states on the page that if fits "E55 AMG (ALL YEARS)".

There is the exact same amout of thread "through" the wheel as stock. Here is the set that I got, I will post my pictures of the rubbing as soon as I can.

eBay Motors: 18 black mercedes benz wheels rims c e cl clk r s sl ml (item 280226868482 end time May-20-08 14:12:45 PDT)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts