Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes Benz 190e 2.3-8
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have come across gorgeous AMG 17" rims for a very nice price. I'm wondering if they will fit with or without fender rolling. Although I'd rather not ruin the integrity of my Benz. Also, it's got stock suspension. The wheels that I currently have are 185/65/15 ET49 J6.5 The AMG's are J7.5 17" ET 37 in the front and J8.5 17" ET 30. I'm worried that 8.5" width is just too much. From the math I did, reasonable rims I can put without moving wheels too much is J7". I can definitely stretch that to 7.5 but I don't know about 8.5". I've tried searching through here but no one that owns the regular 8 valve 190e has put 8.5"s. Only Evo 2 owners with diff bodykit. Thanks for any advice/ideas.

·
Registered
W204 c250s
124 Posts
Ya those should fit, it’s pushing it, but it should work...
there must be a tire calculator for this car... I had an 87 16v with 16x7 and 16x8 and the offsets were +35...(I think)... of all the cars I’ve owned I wish I had that back the most... I’ll dig to see if those offset are right. You could hit the tire rack and see what they offer and at the same time see what fits vs the offset... follow?? For the most part trust the tire rack... they know what works... granted I have 18x9.5’s on back on my MR2 and they shouldn’t fit, but I made them fit

* I was just on the rack site and there are lots of options and some are really reasonable too. The Bremmer BR17’s would look cool.. hopefully they have a staggered setup

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes Benz 190e 2.3-8
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya those should fit, it’s pushing it, but it should work...
there must be a tire calculator for this car... I had an 87 16v with 16x7 and 16x8 and the offsets were +35...(I think)... of all the cars I’ve owned I wish I had that back the most... I’ll dig to see if those offset are right. You could hit the tire rack and see what they offer and at the same time see what fits vs the offset... follow?? For the most part trust the tire rack... they know what works... granted I have 18x9.5’s on back on my MR2 and they shouldn’t fit, but I made them fit

* I was just on the rack site and there are lots of options and some are really reasonable too. The Bremmer BR17’s would look cool.. hopefully they have a staggered setup
Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.

·
W163 and General Mercedes Host
3,369 Posts
Use this to get a better fitment resolution:

AND please update your user cp info.
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

·
Registered
W204 c250s
124 Posts
Use this to get a better fitment resolution:

AND please update your user cp info.
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save
There we go!!! Use that offset calculator... perfect!!

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes Benz ML320
81 Posts
Ok as a former owner of a 93 Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.6 and a current owner of a Benz repair shop I can tell you this:

1. The 17 inch rims for an AMG are probably staggered meaning that the rear wheels are wider than the front so rotation of the tires will be expensive because it will involve tire removal and re balancing.
2. The offset of the AMG rims is different than correct rims for your 190. The offset dictates how the rim tucks into the fender.

3. The AMG rims were designed to fit a C Class or E Class or S Class so even though they have the same bolt pattern you will have to use a billet adapter set to modify the offset to fit your 190.

4. That being said the plus size tires that would fit your 190 would be
a). P195/60 15
b). P205/60 15 ( May rub on the inside fender.
c). P205/55 16 (these require replacement rims

Example below:

·
Registered
W204 c250s
124 Posts
The AMG or any other 17-18-19” will fit a 190e, I’ve personally done it. Staggered is fine, just gotta know you can’t rotate..not all AMG wheels have the same offset, you have to do your homework on fitment... AMG wheels are nothing special.. just metal usually made by Ronal or Borbet and the 3pc wheels are OZ’s
And spacers are fine if you get quality versions and have long enough studs, Mine didn’t need them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts