Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently helped out a friend to install a new radio unit in his car.. he had a Becker with navigation and the in-car phone accessory attached to it. The Becker had "burned out" according to the dealer so he bought another head unit from them.. it looks like an aftermarket unit with the Mercedes logo on it. Well he tried just plugging it in with the connectors but it didn't work so he called me. I quickly spotted that the wiring in the diagram for the new unit was not matching up with the correct pin spots on the connector wires. So i opened the connector and moved the wires around the right order after i figured out which wire is which. I plugged it in and it worked great while the car was at rest. The unit had an extra plug that i couldn't plug it in the back of the radio unit because it didn't have the right connector.. the plug ( i think!!!) is for the steering wheel command. I didn't bother with it because the radio worked fine only you couldn't control it form the steering wheel (which he was fine with it).
only to find out that when he started driving the car the radio would turn off and not work anymore.. I'm waiting for him to get back home so i can look at it further.
Did anybody else have this problem... i installed a few radio units and they never did this.. Any help is greatly appreciated :bowdown:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts