1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 C350 Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I got a 2008 C350 Mercedes Benz.

Lately, I have been hearing (and feeling) a thumping noise coming from the rear right. As I felt it, thought it were the shock absorbers, and effectively replaced them (both), however, the thumping didn't go away.

It's important to mention that this happens only when the street is irregular or in bad conditions. I have no idea what else it can be...

It feels at low/high speeds, and it feels harder when the motor is giving more than 3k revs.

Hope you can help me with this situation, if someone has experienced something similar, your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Your rear tires are probably wearing uneven like on my 2010 C300. Take a look at your rear tires very close, I bet you'll probably find feathered edges.

·
Registered
2008 C300 Barolo Red P2 MM leather 18" AMGs new style folding mirrors + 1984 944
327 Posts
Hi everyone!

I got a 2008 C350 Mercedes Benz.

Lately, I have been hearing (and feeling) a thumping noise coming from the rear right. As I felt it, thought it were the shock absorbers, and effectively replaced them (both), however, the thumping didn't go away.

It's important to mention that this happens only when the street is irregular or in bad conditions. I have no idea what else it can be...

It feels at low/high speeds, and it feels harder when the motor is giving more than 3k revs.

Hope you can help me with this situation, if someone has experienced something similar, your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Could be a failed rubber suspension bushing.

·
Registered
2008 C350 Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Turned out to be the engine(motor) & transmission mounts.

Left motor mount - $150 USD
Right motor mount - $150 USD
Transmission Mount - $50 USD
Replace parts - $150 USD

Grand total: $500.00 USD...

Noise is gone :)

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
'93 600SL , 2009 C350
184 Posts
Wow .. lot of things worn at once... what kind of mileage do you have ?
Did they give you the parts they changed out ? Just curious what they looked like. Thanks

·
Registered
2008 C350 Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow .. lot of things worn at once... what kind of mileage do you have ?
Did they give you the parts they changed out ? Just curious what they looked like. Thanks
Yeah... I got 50k miles, I was unable to get the parts back to photograph them, however, to the sharp eye, there was no visible damage on them. The engine mounts have a liquid or something inside them, when the mounts are damaged, the outside part of the blob becomes weak. For the transmission mount, there is no real way to know, as it turned out to look good, but it was unable to hold the transmission.

Will try to get the mount to get some photos.

BTW, I live in México City, streets turn out not to be really good in this place, so I think the wear is consequence of this.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I guess they think it's best to replace engine/tranny mounts as complete sets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts