Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I reset the service A light on the center console? I followed the instructions in the manual but they didn't work.

Also, for those who change their own oil and oil filter, where can I buy the attachment that goes on my wrench to get off the cap where the oil filter goes?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2001 CLK 55
3 Posts
Following a completed A or B service the Mercedes-Benz Center sets the counter mileage to 10,000 miles (Canada: 15,000 km) and 365 days.

The counter can also be set by any individual. To do so:

Turn the electronic key in steering lock to position 2. To call up the trip odometer and main odometer, press button 3 or 4 on the multifunction steering wheel until the display appears.

Press button 5 or 6 until the FSS indicator appears.

Press button "R" on the instrument cluster for approximately 2 seconds.

The multifunction display will show the question:

"DO YOU WANT TO RESET SERVICE INTERVAL? - CONFIRM BY PRESSING R"

Press button "R" on the instrument cluster again, and hold until a signal sounds. The message "SERVICE INTERVAL HAS BEEN RESET" appears in the multifunction display.

The new service indicator is displayed with the reset distance of 10,000 miles (Canada 15,000 km).

------------------------------------------------------

The filter is not hard to get off. I use a the same filter wrench that I use on my Porsche... believe it or not it fits perfectly. About $7 at a Porsche dealer (p/n 000 721 920 40)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts