Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'99 ML320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me or provide diagrams of where to find the ECU in a '99 ML320 so I can see the part number and any information on what is involved in replacing an ECU.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
05 ml 350 SE
372 Posts
ecu is right behind your windsheild washer fluid...unscrew that casing, and its that long square metal box sitting vertical...start with the closest wire to you, and unplug it all that way, and then to plug the wires back in, do it from last to first(opposite direction u pulled them all out from

·
Registered
'99 ML320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is an ECU reprogrammable

Is a used ECU reprogrammable to another vehicle. I know if you buy a new ECU, it is shipped from germany with your vehicles information programmed into it so can a used ECU be sent to Germany via the dealer channel and be reprogrammed?

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
with the older Ml's a new ME can be used for testing and it wont lock to the vehicle, but on the newer cars, once you install an ME to the vehicle it is locked to that vehicle and cant be used on another.

but you will need star diagnosis in order to successfully install a ME control unit. it isnt plug and play, you have to program it. the car will not start unitl the control unit goes through version coding and all other checks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts