Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Compressor Sedan, I can turn on the auto in my car and after a time...I can press the recirc button with the windows down the windows and roof close. I can have the windows up and do the same thing and the windows and roof sometimes open like they supposed too. Is there a reset sequence to reset the open feature?

·
Registered
RHD C200K Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
451 Posts
I have a 2003 Compressor Sedan, I can turn on the auto in my car and after a time...I can press the recirc button with the windows down the windows and roof close. I can have the windows up and do the same thing and the windows and roof sometimes open like they supposed too. Is there a reset sequence to reset the open feature?
Hmmm - so if what you are trying to use is "Tunnel Mode", it works like this :

1] Air on, open windows / sunroof.
2] Hold Recirc button, windows and sunroof will close.
3] Putter along through tunnel (Blackwall highly recommended)
4] When you are out, press and hold "recirc", windows and sunroof will return to previous position.

On my 2004 pre-facelift, if you turn off the climate control, or turn off the car, you are effectively disabling this feature. (bad way to state it - it's like it only remembers what position things are in if the car is running, and the climate control is not turned off)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks UK, I really appreciate the info, I will try it.....How long does the climate control have to be on to utilize the tunnel feature? I am in your debt.

·
Registered
RHD C200K Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
451 Posts
Thanks UK, I really appreciate the info, I will try it.....How long does the climate control have to be on to utilize the tunnel feature? I am in your debt.
No problems - on my car, it just has to be on for a few seconds. Normally by the time I'm in, car is started, and I've opened the roof and windows I can use the tunnel mode functionality...

Gotta go run some errands - I'll try and play with it a bit, but it's pissing it down rain at the moment.....

·
Registered
2012 C300 4Matic
178 Posts
You don't have to have the A/C on, just have the climate control on 'Auto' (unless it's different pre-facelift).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all

I really appreciate the expert help I have received from all of you. As quoted by UK.....with windows down and roof open, just engage the auto button and press and hold recirc button and all will close.....if after everything is closed, you can press and hold recirc button again and all will open. Works like a champ!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts