Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with soda on the cup holder, it spilled just a tiny bit onto the console and dripped over to the power window switches and mirror switch. Both front windows just went down by itself while I was stopped in a traffic light.
I thought I may have burned a fuse or something but check out the fuse box in the engine compartment - none is burnt out that is obvious to me.

However I am able to close the windows using the remote key when locking the car.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Buy a can of MAF Cleaner at a retail auto parts store (its a very good non-residue contact cleaner) then spray the sh*t out of those switches using the spray tube and working the switches back-n-forth.. tales a little patience to get enough MAF cleaner thru and into the innards of the switches..

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.
I also have the same question posted in the regular W210 section which I've updated with my results. I'll do the process again today and hopefully with better results.

Buy a can of MAF Cleaner at a retail auto parts store (its a very good non-residue contact cleaner) then spray the sh*t out of those switches using the spray tube and working the switches back-n-forth.. tales a little patience to get enough MAF cleaner thru and into the innards of the switches..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts