Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
00 E320 4MATIC
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I need help with correct the part number for above mentioned car, front left strut. Looked on sites and all of them look the same but under description for the part and picture of it is different then another one, etc....

Before placing an order would like to hear experience from other people on this forum about it and any advice or special attention that should be paid to during replacement. It looks on 1st sight easy job.
Thanks in ahead.

·
Registered
98 320
440 Posts
I did mine a few months ago (98 4matic), its not too difficult. When I did mine I was also repairing the cv axles so having them out made things much easier and I did not have to use a spring compressor.

Here is the part you need. It come with all the new bolts and nuts for the install.

Raymond has a post with a PDF on how to remove the shocks on a non-4matic that is helpful.

There are two nuts in the engine bay that have to be removed. (its easier to get to them if you move some stuff out of the way like the throttle cable)

You will have to remove the bolt that holds the shock to the control arm and then there are a couple of small fasteners that hold the brake lines to the shock.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1615107-replacing-front-struts-99-4matic-325k.html

·
Registered
00 E320 4MATIC
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for help with the part and number of the part, as well as the place where to order.
My idea is to lose a bolt and nut on the bottom of the strut, the part that is connected to lower arm control. Lift up the car, then pull out the bolt at the bottom, lose a shock's nut under hood, and continue with lifting up the car.
Hopefully bottom part I'll pull out over lower control arm, and top of the shock will drop down. The question is the spring?! I do not think I'll be able to do without compressing the spring, either way, taking off the shock or putting back into the place. Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts