Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my title says. I am missing the bulb retaining clips in both my headlights.

I have owned the car for a few weeks now and I thought there was something fishy about the headlights because of the pattern and aiming issues etc., so I finally checked it out and much to my surprise the bulbs are taped in place. No retaining clips.

I have a hunch the PO was clueless and while he was monkeying around trying to replace the bulbs he managed to brake them or loose them. Either way, I thought I'd ask for some opinions how to deal with this. I really don't want to get a whole new set of headlights.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1994 sold/new White 2014 c250 sport/night eition
177 Posts
if it's only the clips try a pic-ur-parts or salvage yard, in your area.....if it is more than the clips, you may need to get the entire headlight assymbly. (just my 2 cents) :)

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,800 Posts
Most people see the wire clip with a screw and want to immediately remove the screw. Obviously they dont work that way.

Best bet is salvage yard. You wont find anyone that just sells the clip. You will need a whole headlight most likely, even if it is a junk headlight. A clip out of something else that takes the same bulb MIGHT work, but not really sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts