Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C240 W203
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I, desperately, need some help.
A few days ago a noticed a transmission leak in my c240 elegance, 2005, 6 cylinder merc.
I checked a couple of posts to go ahead and change the adapter plug with o-rings transmission cable that was leaking. I also decided to change the oil filter and the pan gasket. It seemed like an easy task.
However I later found that I couldnt check the apropriate oil level in the gearbox because there is no dipstick. Nor can I get one in my country, Peru. So I measured what came out from the pan and filter, 2 1/2 quartz aprox, and added 1/8 additional of OEM FEBI oil.
After finishing I started the car and let it warm up to operating temp. Then with brakes on Istarted moving the stick through the gears for a couple of minutes. I felt it was not engaging as smooth as before. I took it for a very slow ride and inmediately noticed that revs went up and no gear change. I stoped the car and when I tried to restart it wouldnt. Just one short crank. Also while driving it I couldnt switch gears moving the stick sideways nor pressing the C/S button worked.

Can Anybody help me? Please.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Too much or too little transmission oil can damage transmission. Do NOT guess transmission oil level. Best to get dipstick,.... ebay,.... search for "Mercedes 722.6 dipstick"

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
If you go over to the 210 forum there is a 722.6xxx FAQ thread in the help stickies. It will tell you lots about your transmission.

There is also a picture of the dipstick tool with measurements so you can make one.

Fluid level is critical in these transmissions. Once you get the level correct -- and assuming you are using the correct fluid -- you may have to find a shop and have codes cleared from the transmission module.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2004 C240 W203
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go over to the 210 forum there is a 722.6xxx FAQ thread in the help stickies. It will tell you lots about your transmission.

There is also a picture of the dipstick tool with measurements so you can make one.

Fluid level is critical in these transmissions. Once you get the level correct -- and assuming you are using the correct fluid -- you may have to find a shop and have codes cleared from the transmission module.

Good luck.
Hey Checkcodes, thats what I did, everything OK now, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts