Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 S500 with Sport Package
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 S500. I am attempting to create a mp3 audio DVD that will play. I have read the stickies and info in the encyclopedia and am still unable to complete the task.

My ultimate goal would be to create the disc in Itunes, but that seems problematic for me as well so I purchased Roxio Creator Version 12.

In order to eliminate some variables, I ripped one song from CD using Roxio and placed it in one folder. This should eliminate DRM issues. If I then choose data disc and burn a cd it works fine, shows up on Comand correctly labeled. When I use the same file in Roxio, choose data and burn a DVD I get the Unknown Format error from the Comand.

To test I put in a Movie DVD and played the soundtrack, to ensure that my player would play the DVDs. I am using Maxell + R DVDS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,977 Posts
You are apparently burning with a PC, and I use a Mac - but the second half of post 109 at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1226966-mp3-disk-burning-how-11.html might help.

Forget the first half of the post - it deals with conversion of my AIFF files to mp3. If your files are already in mp3 format, that half isn't relevant.

You may find that the process I used between iTunes and Roxio's Toast will carry over to your software.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts