Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what my brother did, but ever since he took the entertainment system out of the 1999 ML, and put back the factory system, my cd changer just not working. I can go to cassette, fm, am but no cd. And I even try to press the eject button on the changer, and it still dont' eject. The wires is plug in also. Anyone know what's the problem?

And for the 2002 S500, how do you use the voice control stuff? It's not shown in the manual or anything. I heard you can use it for navigation and to change cd tracks and stuff.

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
I don't know what my brother did, but ever since he took the entertainment system out of the 1999 ML, and put back the factory system, my cd changer just not working. I can go to cassette, fm, am but no cd. And I even try to press the eject button on the changer, and it still dont' eject. The wires is plug in also. Anyone know what's the problem?

And for the 2002 S500, how do you use the voice control stuff? It's not shown in the manual or anything. I heard you can use it for navigation and to change cd tracks and stuff.
For the CD changer, you should check two things. You mention the wire is plugged in... in the back of the CD changer? Make sure it is. Also, it is in the C-connector in the back of the stereo, that must be plugged in as well.

Also, I believe the 1998-1999 model ML has a separate fuse for the CD changer, but that might be incorrect.

For the voice control, there is a separate manual that covers this information. It should be in your car's manual package (the car has a manual, the stereo has a manual, the phone has a manual, and the voice recognition system has a manual). If you're missing the manual, you may want to order it from Mercedes by calling their 800 phone number. Give them your VIN and they can get you the correct one.

-s-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts